NL2 Zoom SH - AQo OOP

Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭

Villain: seems nitty
VPIP/PFR = 18/15
RFI (MP) = 22 (4/18)
Fto3b PF = 100 (4/4)

FCB = not enough data

PREFLOP: Between flatting and and 3b'ing. Standard is to flat. Since villain is nittier and will fold often to 3b's I decided to flat.

After reviewing the hand I think 3b'ing might be better:

I would imagine villain calls something like (bracketed numbers are weightings in %):
QQ-66,AQo,AQs-ATs,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,[75]AKo,AKs[/75],[33]AJo,KQo,A9s-A2s[/33],[25]AA-KK,KJo,QJo,K9s,Q9s,J9s[/25]

- I've capped at QQ because I imagine villain would 4b for value mostly with KK+ (which is why I have weighted AA/KK 25%, onlong with some speculative hands I don't expect him to call preflop too often.
- AK i've weighter because I think villain 4b's some % of the time (maybe not as much as 25% though)

Against this range I have approx 50%, therefore I guess this should be a 3b/fold line preflop as I would imagine villain is rarely bluff 4b'ing me here.

As played...

FLOP: when villain c-bets I assumed villain can be c-betting with a lot of air hands and I figured my A-high might be good frequently here. I feel like like donking rarely gets worse hands to call and better hands to fold therefore I felt like x/c'ing and x/folding are the only lines that make sense here and since I feel villain can be bluffing frequently I decided to call and re-evaluate the turn. The plan was to x/fold future streets to further aggression as I felt that if villain checks Turn I can bluff some rivers or potentially check it down or x/c on some rivers and win.

TURN: Again on this turn I didn't feel that donking made sense as I didn't think many better hands would fold and I may not even need to turn my hand into a bluff as think that I may still have a decent amount of SDV. Although, I guess there is some value in betting purely for a mixture of thin value and protection (i.e just to deny villain from realising their equity and also they could fold AK/AQ for example). Instead I planned to check/fold to continued aggression. However, when villains checks behind I now imagined villains range would comprise more of no pair, high card hands.

RIVER: Here I really could'nt decide between checking and betting, but at the time given my line in the hand I didn't think a bet would get through very often. At the time I felt like x/c would be the best line depending on sizing.

$0.01/$0.02Zoom No Limit Holdem
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG ($2.08) 104bb
UTG+1 ($2.03) 102bb
CO ($1.27) 64bb
BTN ($2.11) 106bb
SB Hero ($2.59) 130bb
BB ($2.25) 113bb

Pre-Flop: (0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB :Ac: :Qd:
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, 1 fold
Flop: :9c: :4d: :9s: ($0.14, 2 players)

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.11, Hero calls $0.11

Turn: :3c: ($0.36, 2)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks River: :6h: ($0.36, 2)

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks

Final Pot: $0.36
Hero shows a pair of Nines
:Ac: :Qd:
UTG+1 shows two pair, Nines and Threes
:3s: :As:

UTG+1 wins $0.35 (net +$0.18)

Hero collects $0.00 (net -$0.17)

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29
    Muel294 wrote: »
    FLOP: when villain c-bets I assumed villain can be c-betting with a lot of air hands and I figured my A-high might be good frequently here.
    Why do you have such assumption ?
    If so, what your plan to win the hand then ?
  • Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    Muel294 wrote: »
    FLOP: when villain c-bets I assumed villain can be c-betting with a lot of air hands and I figured my A-high might be good frequently here.
    Why do you have such assumption ?
    If so, what your plan to win the hand then ?

Well at the time my intention was to check/call the flop and possibly turn my hand into a bluff on future streets.
  • Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Also, do you think 3b’ing is better preflop. I think my issues stem from there.
  • andreicosandreicos Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    I don't think picking up the pot uncontested preflop with AQo is a bad thing.

I like the call on the flop. I think this is a dry board where you cannot have many draws, so you need to add some other hands into your bluffing range. AQo could be a candidate, although I agree it has decent SD value. If you think his cbet is polarised: top pair+ or air, I don't think bluffing with AQo is good, because you beat almost everything that he would fold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file