A10 on the button vs. wild fish

Artvandelay74Artvandelay74 Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
Game is 2/3 with a $300 max bet. V1 is a huge drunk fish whose open range is any two cards and who won’t fold to a three bet once he opens. He is pretty aggressive both pre and post and is comfortable betting three streets with nothing. I have played three pots with him and won two of them for sizable amounts. I just doubled him up when we both flopped top pair but he out kicked me. He has about $600 and I cover.

V1 opens to $15 UTG and there is one caller in the middle. I raise to $75 with :Ad :Ts off on the button in hopes of getting it heads up with what figures to be the best hand against V1 a good portion of the time. V1 calls and the caller folds.

Flop ($165): :9h :2s :2d
He checks. I bet $50 and he pauses for a beat and calls.

Turn ($265): :Ac
He checks. I bet $110. He fumbles with his chips for a while and tries to raise to what looks like about $275 or so but the dealer calls string (which it clearly was) and makes him just call.

River ($485) :Qs
He snap bets $300 with about $75 back. Hero?

Comments

• theagent77theagent77 Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    I woud call. As you said, Villain is likely to have literally any two cards and you beat a lot of bluffs (and a lot of queens, nines, weaker aces).
    Is he the person who would call a shove with a worse hand than yours? If yes, you can consider the possibility to shove to get value from all his medium value hands
  • osirus0830osirus0830 Red Chipper Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I'll be the nit. I don't like the way this played out. The result may have been the same but I would have checked flop and tried to contain the hand to two streets of value once the ace came on the turn. I used to make the mistake that you made as well. Betting 3 streets with air, does not equal check raising with air. You're likely at best chopping imo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file