QQ with Flush and Straight Draws

gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 92 ✭✭
$.02/.04 Online 6 Players
Effective Stack: $5.09

Hero is on BB with :QD: :QC: .
BU raises to $.08. Hero raises to $.30. BU calls.

Pot: $.62
Flop: :3S: :2S: :2C:
Hero bets $.4. BU calls.

Pot: $1.42
Turn: :4S:
Hero checks. BU checks.

Pot: $1.42
River: :7D:
Hero bets $1.00. BU calls.

BU mucks.

I didn't fire the turn since I feared flush combinations. I am glad that Villain didn't bet the turn since I was thinking of folding if Villain did so.
Tagged:

Comments

• Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    On this flop, your cbet should generate a ton of floats by the IP villain. On turn, V is supposed to bet extremely wide when you check. So checking the turn is fine, but never ever with the intention of folding.
  • gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Paul_K wrote: »
    On this flop, your cbet should generate a ton of floats by the IP villain. On turn, V is supposed to bet extremely wide when you check. So checking the turn is fine, but never ever with the intention of folding.

Why will the cbet generate a lot of floats?
  • andreicosandreicos Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited June 6
    If he was calling only pairs and good draws, he'd be folding waay to much, that is why he is supposed to float wide. Also, you'll probably be cbetting at a high frequency on this dry board, so he may be hoping to bluff you off the hand on later streets.

I wouldn't mind cbetting turn around 1/3 pot in order to get value from his 55-JJ and his draws. You're also not letting him improve to a flush/straight/Ace for free. Yeah he could have some flushes, but I think he would raise at least some stuff like A4, A5 otf.

If you want to be balanced, adding QQ in your checking range here should be a good idea, but I wouldn't worry too much about balance at 4NL

AP I like the river bet
  • Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    gl523 wrote: »
    Why will the cbet generate a lot of floats?

To add on to @andreicos points. Due to both preflop ranges being very wide (button steal vs BB resteal), this flop misses you both very often. This compels you to continue w/ a mixed bag o' hands, including those with little chance of winning at showdown.

If V realizes this, he is correct to call very wide IP in an attempt to take it away when you show turn weakness.

The turn card is much better for V range, but he is still wide. DB'ing here is problematic because you're gonna be sick the times he raises you and it's gonna be hard to deal with. So you check turn for deception to allow him to play out his float plan. Yes, sometimes you will be crushed here... but never enough to consider folding the top of you're range.

Hope that somewhat makes sense. And remember... my advice is free for good reason :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file