UTG2 $10 [Hero] Calls $10 :AC: :JH: [120]
MP1 Call
Button Call
Others Fold

POT 40.75

Flop
:JC: :TS: :3S:
Villain Checks
Hero Raise to $25 [ Now its obvious he doesn't have any Overpair. He may have a draw for flush or straight , So set a bet for $25]
Mp1 and button folds
Villain Calls $25 [Now i thought he may have 2 over card as well]
question 1 Not sure my thinking is right , or should i consider anything and I think my bet size is right. Let me know

Turn
:8S:
Villain Checks
Hero Bet $45 [ I don't want to give him a free card, and i was worried he may slow play is flush draw.. didn't do any math. I just put him on two over card and no flush and wanted to deny any free over card hitting the river]

Villain Calls $45

POT 130.75

I am almost pot committed at this point, I was going to call if he shoves. I always know he might try to chase me away with a bet in the river but this time i was determined to lose my money and go with Top pair so far.

River
:AD:

Villain shoves the remaining around $40,
I didn't think , I was confident his AK, AQ hands are not good and straight draw missed and i called

Villain Show :AS: :TC:

What do you think? good Call any comment?

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it normal that Villain opens 20bb as open bet sizing ? This seems huge, even tho you're 260bb deep !

Otherwise, I don't really think you shall call preflop. AJo is a marginal hand, and you invite the other to call (meh spot MW mostly OOP) or squeeze (forcing you to fold).
    If Villain is opening 22+ J10o+ A5s+ (plus I guess broadways you forgot?), I think you can 3bet as a bluff (take the pot down) and isolation (playing IP versus UTG).

Your turn bet is weird. Pot is 90.75$ with eff. stacks 85$. Betting 45$ is my least preferred sizing because of what will remain for river (40$ stacks for a 180$ pot) ; I'd rather shove or underbet with the intention to call if raised.
  • osirus0830osirus0830 Red Chipper Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I'm confused as to how both of you made it to the flop. Aside from that, based on the sizing decisions, the river call is easy imo.
  • AceBalaAceBala Red Chipper Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Red wrote: »
    Is it normal that Villain opens 20bb as open bet sizing ? This seems huge, even tho you're 260bb deep !
    Yep this is normal in this kind of micro game. This $10 bet is a good isolation bet for this table.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭
    This should be a fold preflop. Facing a 20bb open you just have to fold all marginal hands.

You seem a bit overconfident on his UTG open range???

You will be a better poker player if you delete "I am pot committed thinking" from your brain.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file