NL2 Zoom SH - QQ preflop decision

Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
= (.40x2.16) - (.60x1.94)
= .86 - 1.16
= -0.30

1.94/4.40= ~44% E*

Preflop: So this is between 3b'ing and flatting. I don't like calling PF because I will be OOP against two opponents postflop.
Also, I think 3-betting is better as many worse hands will call preflop. When 3-betting here I wasn't sure whether I wanted to 3b/call or 3b/fold.
At the time it was a bit of a lazy decision (basically f**k it I call). However, if villain never 4b bluffs me here and only gets it in with QQ+ and AK+ then I only have 40% vs villains range and therefore it's a bad call right?

(can someone double chek the maths here?)
I'm risking $1.94 to win $2.24. Equity required to call = risk / (risk+reward)
= 1.94/4.40= ~44% E*

*spolier*
vs the range villain actually gets it in with (on this ocassion)
AA-QQ,AKo-AJo,AKs-AJs

I have about 53%.

However, without reads I guess this should be a fold?

also how would I do the EV calc for this spot? Would it be as follows:
EV = (% win x $won ) - (%L x $L )
= (40% x $2.24) - (60% x 1.92)
= 0.89 - 1.15
= -0.26c

$0.01/$0.02Zoom No Limit Holdem
PokerStars
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by WeakTight Poker Hand History Converter

Stacks:
UTG ($5.04) 252bb
UTG+1 ($2.16) 108bb
CO ($3.69) 185bb
BTN ($2) 100bb
SB Hero ($2.25) 113bb
BB ($2.39) 120bb

Pre-Flop: (0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB :Qc: :Qh:
1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.06, Hero raises to $0.24, 1 fold, UTG+1 goes all-in $2.16, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.92
Flop: :Tc: :9c: :4h: ($4.40, 2 players), 1 all-in

Turn: :6d: ($4.40, 2), 1 all-in
River: :Kd: ($4.40, 2), 1 all-in

Final Pot: $4.40
Hero shows a pair of Queens
:Qc: :Qh:
UTG+1 shows high card Ace
:As: :Jh:

Hero wins $4.25 (net +$2.09)

BTN lost $0.06
UTG+1 lost $2.16

Comments

• Muel294Muel294 Liverpool, EnglandRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
  • andreicosandreicos Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Definitely 3betting QQ and planning to get it in unless opponent is a nit. I guess you could plan to call a standard 4bet size oop and fold on A-high, K-high boards, if you think his range is very nutted

Yeah, that's how you do the EV calc, and you should fold here if you think he only has QQ+,AK.

I'm honestly not so sure what the average player does at 2NL. It's ZOOM so there are a lot of nits but there's still a lot of fun players as well. Was this literally the first hand with him ? no stats whatsoever ? Still I think you should call, you cannot assume it's just QQ+, AK imo.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭
    In another thread, I just wrote something like you have the 3rd best hand in poker = easy 3B. This is still true in your HH
  • MrBalzterMrBalzter Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    I find in these decisions even if I know villain is maniacal and stacking off super wide I need to ask myself if I am in the right mental state in my session to deal with the variance right now. If getting sucked out vs complete trash is going to cause me to play the next few hundred hands terribly I know I need to wait for a different spot.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭✭
    MrBalzter wrote: »
    I find in these decisions even if I know villain is maniacal and stacking off super wide I need to ask myself if I am in the right mental state in my session to deal with the variance right now. If getting sucked out vs complete trash is going to cause me to play the next few hundred hands terribly I know I need to wait for a different spot.

If you find yourself doing this a lot I would suggest you put some effort into working hard on your mental game.

• andreicosandreicos Red Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    MrBalzter wrote: »

I know what you're saying, to be honest with myself I make decisions based on emotions sometimes too... I believe if you're in the mental state where variance would affect you, it's already time to take a break

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file