3 Betting and Bluffing at the Micros (5-10NL)

MrBalzterMrBalzter Red Chipper Posts: 32 ✭✭

I have three areas of my game I am constantly working on that seem at odds with each other.
1) Trying to increase my 3 Bet frequency.
2) Trying to reduce the amount I am bluffing.
3) Trying to reduce my Cold Calling frequency.
I generally try to 3 bet Linear vs opponents with low fold to 3 bet percentages and polar vs villains with high fold to 3 bet frequencies but I am still unsure of where to draw the line of what is considered value/bluff.
I am trying to keep my 3 bet at least above 5% overall, but I find myself in many situations post flop with draws or over cards that I “semi-bluff” with and lose money on.
My stats are 22/17 with a 5% 3 bet and 10% PF Cold Call.
My question is how should I be playing my 3 bet bluffing hands post flop when I have a draw?
Particularly when the draw bricks on the River. Suited Connectors 7,8s-J,Ts and Suited Aces A2s-A5s

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    MrBalzter wrote: »
    but I am still unsure of where to draw the line of what is considered value/bluff.

Not really sure what you mean.
    When you have determined you want to use a polarized range you split your range into 4 parts:
    1. Hands that are good enough to 3-bet for value --> 3bet for value
    2. Hands that are good enough to call but not to 3-bet --> call
    3. Hands that are not good enough to call but have good bluffing properties (like suitedness, connectedness, blockers) --> 3bet as a bluff
    4. Hands that are not good enough to call and don't have good bluffing properties --> fold

The line is pretty clear to me what is for value and what is a bluff. The bluffs are simply those hands which can't call the raise, and your value 3-bets are ahead of villain's continuance range. The line that divides them is simply your calling range.

Maybe I don't understand your question?
    MrBalzter wrote: »
    My question is how should I be playing my 3 bet bluffing hands post flop when I have a draw?
    Particularly when the draw bricks on the River. Suited Connectors 7,8s-J,Ts and Suited Aces A2s-A5s

This is too hard to say in a general way. Think it would be better to post some hands which meet these criteria .

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file