TPGK on a Broadway Board

gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
$.02/.04 Online 6 Players
Effective Stack Size: $3.86

Hero is in CO with AhQd.
UTG raises to $.12. Hero calls. BU calls.

Pot: $.42
Flop: TcAcKh
UTG bets $.21. Hero calls. BU calls.

Pot: $1.05
Turn: 2d
UTG checks. Hero checks. BU checks.

Pot: $1.05
River: 2c
UTG checks. Hero bets $.60. UTG calls.

Hero wins the pot.

So I hesitated to bet the turn since I feared that Villain had AK. In hindsight, I realized that if Villain had a 2 pair or set, Villain would have bet the turn since a J, Q, or club could devalue Villain's hand. Thus, I should have bet the turn since my hand is likely to be the best hand.
Tagged:

Comments

• Paul_KPaul_K DFWRed Chipper Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    It’s worth keeping in mind that on broadway flops, you are always facing all broadway combos. So, ok, you can discount a portion of those from UTG on turn. Also, the button is still to be heard from. Think the turn check is fine.

Should this be a preflop 3b instead?
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Paul_K wrote: »
    this be a preflop 3b instead?

In position against UTG open the intention is not really clear for me. Think it's too weak for value and too strong to use as a bluff. I am flatting as a default.
    Assuming UTG doesn't get tricky with two pair+ I would put him on mostly AJ and AQ when he checks on the turn. Player behind has a wider range, but is not really your concern. So how do we get the most from AJ? I think betting half pot on turn and river should do the job, by checking turn you are missing out on value.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    Paul_K wrote: »
    this be a preflop 3b instead?

In position against UTG open the intention is not really clear for me. Think it's too weak for value and too strong to use as a bluff. I am flatting as a default.

Agree.
    A 3bet is here only usefull as isolation if BU/SB/BB flat too easily or if UTG is playing way too many hands and need to be punished
    Assuming UTG doesn't get tricky with two pair+ I would put him on mostly AJ and AQ when he checks on the turn. Player behind has a wider range, but is not really your concern. So how do we get the most from AJ? I think betting half pot on turn and river should do the job, by checking turn you are missing out on value.

Sizing is then important. What do you advocate? :)
    Two half potters at first thought
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭
    Two half potters at first thought

Why not pot or overbet? If Villain is blatantly straightforward with 100% c-bet then 100% honnest, big bets are the best I think.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file