Fish adventures 5: What can i do differently here, ?

sumoswimsumoswim Red Chipper Posts: 148 ✭✭
PokerStars - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 200.5 BB (VPIP: 28.42, PFR: 21.86, 3Bet Preflop: 6.35, Hands: 192)
BB: 84.2 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 33.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 25)
UTG: 121.4 BB (VPIP: 24.71, PFR: 19.69, 3Bet Preflop: 6.00, Hands: 270)
Hero (CO): 101.6 BB
BTN: 98 BB (VPIP: 18.67, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 78)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart: 2:heart: 7:spade:
BB bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 15.3 BB, BB raises to 33.7 BB, Hero raises to 98.6 BB and is all-in, BB calls 47.5 BB and is all-in

Turn: (168.9 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:

River: (168.9 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond:

BB wins 159.4 BB

Comments

• Angelo PerezAngelo Perez Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    ummm im sorry but you should have snap folded to his re-reaise. dont even think twice about it. you had to over cards... you had nothing and his re-reaise is unbalanced and very polarizing... you fold because hes got the goods.
  • Angelo PerezAngelo Perez Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    also you didnt tell his what BB showed. everyone is all in he should have shown his cards and you should have told us..... easy hand. also i think the sample size you had on BB is to low to make any judgment.......
  • andreicosandreicos Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    It's a small sample size, but with the broken stack he looks like a recreational player. Whenever I find myself in a pot with a rec who I have no info on, my mindset is simply to get as much value from their second best hands.

I believe this is a good spot to call and take the implied odds, as when you do hit the flush you can bet big and get called quite often by random weak pairs.

AP, when you get re-raised, I think you can profitably shove, you're not getting any folds but you have a lot of equity vs a range made up of overpairs+ (29 combos) and flushdraws, oesds. Even in a pretty much worse case scenario where his only bluffs are A3-A5hh, A7-AThh, you still have 38% equity which is enough to shove profitably given the pot and stack sizes.

I don't like calling the re-raise as it puts you in very difficult spots on a lot of turn cards.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file