Should I call or raise?

rayraysunshinerayraysunshine Red Chipper Posts: 2 ✭✭
This is a live hand in a $1/2 NL cash game. I have :Ad :3d suited and I raise in the CO to $12.

Player in the SB calls with roughly $1600 behind. Player in MP calls with maybe $200 behind. Player to the right of me in MP also calls with maybe $130 behind. My stack is roughly $1300.

Flop comes :2s :4d :5c . First two players check and the guy in MP to the right of me bets $20. I thought about it for a little bit and end up raising to $50. Everyone folds and he shoves, and I call.

The guy in the SB tells me how happy he was that I raised because he would have hit a set of 9s on the turn and probably wouldn't get away from it. I've been reviewing the hand, and I now think I probably should have just called instead of raising, but I'm not 100% sure. Even though I raised, he still has an overpair and I was kind of surprised he didn't call my raise considering how aggressively I had been playing. He said he didn't want the small stack to shove on us which ended up happening. I'm 50-50 on what would have been the best play in this scenario.

I thought raising would be a good play because 1) I didn't raise that much and 2) the board was dry so I thought I would get called by either overpairs or sets or even just one pair. I also thought other players may have just put me on two overcards trying to pick up the pot. Still not sure of the best play here but let me know what you guys think.

Answers

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you and SB have that much in a 1/2$ game ?

What is the range of you assign for a) SB and b) the both MP limpers ?

What is the range you assigne to MP when he limp pre and donkbet on 542r ?
  • osirus0830osirus0830 Red Chipper Posts: 77 ✭✭
    By the board being rainbow, I would lean towards a call, and raise on the turn. You keep wider ranges in such as overcards that can spike a pair on the turn, plus if the board doesn't pair, all hands that wanted to build a pot on the flop will still want to build a pot and will likely call your raise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file