Top Pair vs. River Shove

CrodigglyCrodiggly SF Bay AreaRed Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
Hi all - first HH on this forum. Thanks in advance for feedback:

$1-$3 NL @ The Venetian
Background: About 4-5 hours into a session, started with a fresh table. I have biggest stack at the table at ~$750.

Button (~$600) has Maniac table image and is a big talker. His presence has a chilling effect on hands, but I have fared well against him so I think he is playing more cautiously against me. He would be very likely to 3-bet pre or raise flop against the rest of the table with ATC.

EP Limper (main villain, ~$220) has lost multiple stacks. Last hand we played, he check-raised turn with a 4-flush (and showed when I folded). He plays way too many hands. I think his limp range in EP is 99-22, A2-A9s, A2-ATo, K2-K9s, K5-KTo, Q2s+, Q5o+, J2s+, J5o+ T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, and maybe some of those connectors offsuit as well. He would probably raise any hand above that range. He will call my pre-flop raise with close to 100% of that range.

SB (~$75) likes to call pre-flop with anything halfway decent and will shove flop if he hits, fold if he misses. Would raise premium pre-flop, probably all-in.

I am dealt: :Kh :Th in the hijack. EP villain limps, I raise to 4BB, button, SB, and EP all call.

Flop ($46): :Ks :Jd :6c

check, check, I bet $30, button and SB fold

Turn ($106): :9c

check, I bet $55, V raises to $125, I call.

River ($256): :2d

Villain shoves - stack is approx but he's got about $60 left.

At the table, I gave him credit for QT or a random 2-pair hand (K6, J9, J6 etc.) and folded. Off-table analysis I think I got this wrong, but would love to get feedback on the final decision, as well as any other points in the hand.

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭✭
    Why calling turn raise but folding river when it's a brick (esp. to club bckdFD) and bet is 60 into 256?
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 2
    I agree, if you call the turn you call the river. Especially since his bet is less than 25% pot. I think i would probably check back the turn, and call his riverbet. if he doesnt bet the river i would make a small value bet, hoping for a J call.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file