QQ in a 4 Bet Pot

gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
$.02/.04 Online 6 Players
Effective Stack Size: $7.38

Hero is in CO with :QC: :QD: .
Hero raises to $.13. BU reraises to $.45. Hero reraises to $1.50. BU calls.

Pot: $3.06
Flop: :5D: :JS: :KH:
Hero checks. BU bets $1.53. Hero folds.

This hand was right after a 4 bet pot with the same Villain with the same bet sizes used for the preflop raises where Hero had K3o (I only played this hand thinking that I can steal or 4 bet due to blockers) and Villain called the 4 bet with JTo and then Villain lost the pot for stacks after a flop shove with Villain having second pair and Hero having TPWK. I expected a 3 bet from Villain so I 4 bet to extract value. Given that Villain's 4 bet range was pretty wide from seeing the last hand and the fact that Villain lost the last hand for stacks against K3, I would expect Villain's 4 bet calling range to be really wide so I expected a lot of Kx hands in the range. I don't think that betting the flop accomplished much since the only scare cards are an Ace and I don't think I will get many more worse hands to call me in a 4 bet pot (especially since I block QJ). If Villain's calling range wasn't so loose, this would be an easy fold, but with a wider calling range and the previous hand history, are there any better lines to take?
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,124 -
    Does a wide 4-bet calling range here really look particularly K-heavy?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Does a wide 4-bet calling range here really look particularly K-heavy?

I think it might be. If Villain called the last 4 bet with JTo, then I think it is reasonable to assume AK, KQ, KJ, KT and maybe K9. However, I don’t know if Villain would loosen up even further due to losing against K3o. The bigger concern is that I am in a bloated pot with second pair and I fear additional pressure, especially since I gave up initiative.
  • cxy123cxy123 Red Chipper Posts: 50 ✭✭
    V called with 2nd pair last hand. Why not bet the flop? I dont 4 bet K3o but if that is my image I would think I am going for it with 2nd pair/QQ. $3 in pot and $2.5 effective with V. Most, a lot, maybe all all his Ax will look you up as will most underpairs. 77-TT and probably all Jx. Yeah he has a lot of Ks but if he has K9 he has A9. I would hate to get 40% of this Vs stack in preflop who could have JT and fold out my equity on the flop to a bluff.

And I know it is a stupid sizing but if V is tilting from the last hand I would definitely 4b pre even bigger. I know $1.5 is pretty big 4b already (esp assuming V has $4) but i would go $2-3 and maybe just shove on him here. He wants to play with you and you have QQ. V may be very inelastic here with a huge chunk of his range.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file