Playing against 2 super-aggro players

CashmoneyAKCashmoneyAK Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
Hey everyone,

This is my first hand posting so I'll do my best to include all the needed details. This is a hand I played last night that had a big impact on my return from the night.

$1/$2 NL Holdem, 9-handed
Stack sizes
UTG: $600
CO: $450
Btn: $280

UTG (very aggressive player, high open and 3 bet frequencies) limps for $2
Folds around to CO (aggressive player who has shown up with T4s at showdown to one of my opens when my open frequency was well below UTG and CO) who opens to $12 (with this table, this sizing was standard. We didn't have an open under $10 for 3-4 hours).
Hero is on the BTN with :Qd :Jd and flats.
Folds to UTG who calls.
Flop (Pot size $39, 3-handed, effective stack: $268) comes :Js :8d :9h

UTG checks. CO c-bets for $45.

Hero flats and UTG calls.

Turn (Pot size $174, 3-handed, effective stack: $223) comes :4h

It checks around (this is one spot where I think I made a mistake)

River (Pot size $174, 3-handed, effective stack: $223) comes :5c

UTG checks. CO bets $55. Hero calls, UTG x/r to $150. CO immediately folds and accidentally turns hand up :As :Ks

Hero? Any and all input is highly appreciated. I've played poker occasionally for a few years but am now getting more serious and trying to be more calculated. Thanks everyone!

Hero tanks and calls. UTG turns over :6d :7s . Yuck.

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The limp was the open.

That's important so you can recognize the formation... and why you should be three betting here, not cold calling.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭✭
    On board with Persuadeo.

I'd add that you missed 2 other opportunities to be aggressive: you could have 3bet flop too ; you could - as you pointed out - have bet turn after both checked.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10
    @CashmoneyAK so in Multi way pots is important to realize your equity is spread with all players thus realizing it will become harder. You could def try to iso the guy with a 3b (although ure stack doesn't really permit it) but if your in a MW scenario try to find spots where you are denying and buying up as much equity from other players via aggression. Raising flop is an option or simply betting the turn to get rid of players.

As a side note be wary of trying to be aggressive in spots where its very easy for you to get check raised given the players tendencies and/or board. Anticipating where this could happen will let you know where/ when you could become aggressive in MW pots.
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Was this in Wendover?
  • CashmoneyAKCashmoneyAK Red Chipper Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Thank you all for your comments!

@blindraise Yeah, this was at Peppermill

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file