Short deck poker?

BubbleboyBubbleboy Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
What do you think? NLHE is pretty hard to beat as a lot of players have a good idea of (at least) the general concepts. This 6+ NLHE is new, almost no one actually knows how to play it. A google/youtube search for 6+ NLHE strategy gets very little hits which means the community just doesn't know much about it yet. Seems like there is money to be made if you study this game to create an edge.

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Variance is crazy, lot of situations where a made hand can have significantly less equity than a combo draw. Never played but it looks fun.
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    Doesn't really answer your question, but got me to think that solvers should be much faster, due to thinner ranges and number of possible runouts being smaller. Wonder if it's small enough to get (close to) entire optimal strategies. In any case short deck will be solved before standard NLHE I'd say.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,388 -
    The Oranges software works on short deck.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • eugeniusjreugeniusjr Red Chipper Posts: 427 ✭✭✭
    What if we had a game where we (and all players) were dealt AKo, JTs, 22 only. Would it allow for a greater edge or a smaller one?

The addition of trash in a range increases complexity and therefore edge.

I predict SD will be a passing fad that will not be as popular as NLHE or PLO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file