KK preflop

Show_Me_The_MoneyShow_Me_The_Money Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
Generally speaking when do you want to call all-in with KK preflop?

Generally speaking when do you want to raise all-in with KK preflop?

I am trying to find specific situations to capitalize preflop with my tightest range, specifically from early position. This is just an example. I am just getting back into poker, I am trying to develop a better preflop and post flop strategies. I know pre-flop it seems that you hand range is very important. Where I get confused though is when we start introducing concepts like SPR, streets of value etc. I mean I understand the concepts by themselves, I just do not know how to pull all together to make better preflop and postflop decisions. I have used core lessons, the Live $1/$2 NLHE Crash Course that comes with pro but I just don't see my game consistently winning. Not sure what I am doing wrong or even where to begin to evaluate my play.

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 242 ✭✭
    Generally speaking when do you want to call all-in with KK preflop?

Generally speaking? 100% of the time.

Generally speaking when do you want to raise all-in with KK preflop?

Either when your all in raise gives opps. appropriate odds to call or when you're certain an all-in will be called
  • Show_Me_The_MoneyShow_Me_The_Money Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
    So would you call if you felt like the opponent directly to your left had a tight range, raised your open raise with this tight range, I was UTG he was UTG + 1, I felt it. I feel like I should have folded preflop or something.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I can count on one hand the players I'd (consider) fold kings to preflop.

If hes got aces, so be it.
  • CactusCardsCactusCards ArizonaRed Chipper Posts: 141 ✭✭
    So would you call if you felt like the opponent directly to your left had a tight range, raised your open raise with this tight range, I was UTG he was UTG + 1, I felt it. I feel like I should have folded preflop or something.

Rip it in. I’ve never folded Kings pre in a cash game - only once in a tourney and surprising to no one, it was a bad fold. If you’re getting 5bet OOP you could maybe find a fold, but Kings will still have roughly 18-20% equity depending on suits.

Go with it and if he has it he has it.
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    There's a point where effective stacks make getting KK all in preflop not a cooler when V has AA. The deeper stacks get the more we want to be asking ourselves "Would V stack off with anything we beat?" At low limits the answer is usually no in my experience.

KK is a great hand; it does not mean we should be auto stacking off. We need to be aware of how the potential stack depth might impact V's actions. A lot of villains are stacking off wide enough at 60 - 100 BB to make getting it in with KK an obvious cooler.

There's very few stacking off at 200 BB without aces.

So the blanket advice of "if he's got aces so be it" seems to me to be quite pernicious the deeper we get.

(Granted, a ton of stack depths will dictate ripping it with KK; I'm not trying to discourage putting your money in with a great hand. There's just so few players going to get wild with AK or QQ when you are deepstacked at lower limits in my experience.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file