AA in small blind and the BTN has 3bet.

DeathMetalLawDeathMetalLaw Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2019 in Live Poker Hands
Playing $1/$2 NL at Harrah's Cherokee. I'm in the SB. Action folds around to CO who has right around $400 in his stack, he is competent from what I can tell, aggressive and on the looser side of things. He opens to $11. The button has around $170, I perceived him as being nitty for a while however I called a river jam from him earlier in the session and he mucked his cards without waiting to see my holding so definitely not afraid to fire a bluff. He also takes about 30-45 seconds for taking literally ANY action. Regardless, he min raised to $22.

I look down at red AA in SB (~$400). BB hasn't been at the table long so I'm not sure what he'll do, but I don't wanna end up having AA out of position in a 4 way pot by flatting, so I 4bet to $65 (too big??). BB folds, CO checks his cards again and folds after a few seconds. The button looks at his cards and tanks for about an hour before slowly extending his arm and dropping his cards on the muck pile.

Very curious as to what others would do with this spot. Is the 4bet optimal here or would you prefer to flat the BTN 3bet? Maybe a smaller 4bet to bring along BTN? I'm not complaining about profiting $35 preflop, but just really interested in hearing what others would have done here.

Comments

• RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    so I 4bet to $65 (too big??).

If you want to cold 4bet, 65$ is ok but only because BU's stack is shorty. If he calls, you "have to" shove any flop as SPR will be less than 1.
    This also kinda put BU in a - if he was playing good - fold/shove situation, so you put 170$ pressure with 65$. (Maybe 60 would be even more efficient - less aggro dead money)

Playing deep(er) your sizing will matter a lot. Here, there is a ton you could dig into. You could cold 4bet lower (45$) or higher (100$) - but this will depend on your whole strategy.
    Then , I'll also be way less of a friend of a 60-ish as sizing for a cold 4bet.
    I look down at red AA in SB (~$400). BB hasn't been at the table long so I'm not sure what he'll do, but I don't wanna end up having AA out of position in a 4 way pot by flatting, so I 4bet to $65 (too big??).
    Why having AA in a MW pot would be such a bad thing ? Is AA a bad hand :-) ?

On the other side, do people give you any action when you cold 4bet in a game where already 3bet are rare ?
    DeathMetalLaw
    \m/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file