Cbetting with a Gutshot and an Overcard

gl523gl523 Red Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
$.02/.04 Online 6 Players
Effective Stack: $2.90

Hero is in SB with :KD::9C: .
UTG limps. Hero raises to $.20. UTG calls.

Pot: $.44
Flop: :6D::7H::TH:
Hero checks. UTG checks.

Pot: $.44
Turn: :AS:
Hero bets $.2. UTG calls.

Pot: $.84
River: :5C:
Hero checks. UTG checks.
UTG shows :AD::QS:

So I only isoed with K9o to get UTG to call and fold on a future street. I checked the flop just to try to get a free card and since the 6,7 and draws looked better for Villain's range, a line that I regret since it doesn't fall in line with my original plan. I bet the turn to rep an Ace and I checked the river since the turn bet didn't seem to work. I understand that I really messed up this hand since I was all over the place with my plans but is there any way to get Villain to fold in a situation like this?
Tagged:

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 641 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    gl523 wrote: »
    a line that I regret since it doesn't fall in line with my original plan.

If your original plan was to simply c-bet all flops than yes, I can imagine you regret not doing it. The real question is whether that's a good plan to begin with (it's not). I like the isolation raise, and the idea of firing on flops where villain has a lot of misses. Easy game.

This flop is just not one of them, so you'll have to be more selective with your bluffs. I'm totally fine checking flop with this particular holding.

The fact that you got beat by a hand which would probably fold on the flop is just one of the gazillion potential outcomes of checking the flop. Don't worry about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file