Missed Value on River?

talonjohntalonjohn Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
Basically my turn semi-bluff came in but then I let the river get checked down. How much value do you think I missed here?

I think he bets Ax of hearts on the flop, and I block other broadway heart flush draws. I'm kicking myself for this one.

Comments

• March422March422 Red Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Why check/raise turn instead of probe bet its cheaper? What is the plan when we miss and river is total brick are we checking hoping k high is good and v bricks draws or coming out with a big bet that v can just call.

Its prob going to be harder to get value from Ax and what bluffs does v really have here. I think we have to try to get max value when we smash our gutshot though and we block flush so go for pot and hope he gets sticky or underplayed his hand to this point.
  • talonjohntalonjohn Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
    Yeah I didn't think leading the turn was that great because he has so many Ax in his range. This was probably my only check-raise of the short session. I wanted to represent a set or big combo draw. I think I bet pot on river if the board pairs, a 4 or 5 or heart comes ... But then I didn't follow my own plan. I went into "I have a second-best type hand so I'll check and call" which like I said was a mistake.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file