how would u play this hand?

xyzxyz Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
22 dollar buyin 80k gtd preflop dont want to ruin the action

NL Holdem $500,00(BB)
UTG ($43197,00) [VPIP: 26,7% | PFR: 26,7% | AGG: 50% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 15]
HERO ($33646,00) [VPIP: 28,3% | PFR: 19,6% | AGG: 28,7% | 3-Bet: 8% | Hands: 4989]
MP1 ($13373,00) [VPIP: 13,3% | PFR: 13,3% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 10% | Hands: 15]
MP2 ($50165,00) [VPIP: 20% | PFR: 6,7% | AGG: 60% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 15]
HJ ($40803,00) [VPIP: 13,3% | PFR: 0% | AGG: 25% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 15]
CO ($20795,00) [VPIP: 13,3% | PFR: 13,3% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 14,3% | Hands: 15]
BTN ($76652,00) [VPIP: 46,7% | PFR: 13,3% | AGG: 14,3% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 15]
SB ($22621,00) [VPIP: 17,9% | PFR: 3,6% | AGG: 40% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 28]
BB ($24266,00) [VPIP: 21,4% | PFR: 7,1% | AGG: 0% | 3-Bet: 0% | Hands: 14]

Dealt to Hero: Q:spade: Q:diamond:

UTG Raises To $1428, HERO Calls $1373, MP1 Folds, MP2 Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Folds, BB Calls $873

Hero SPR on Flop: [4,7 effective]
Flop ($4864,00): 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club:
BB Checks, UTG Bets $3648 (Rem. Stack: 38121,00), HERO Calls $3648 (Rem. Stack: 28570,00), BB Folds

Turn ($12160,00): 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club: 6:diamond:
UTG Checks, HERO Bets $6080 (Rem. Stack: 22490,00), UTG Calls $6080 (Rem. Stack: 32041,00)

River ($24320,00): 8:diamond: 7:diamond: 7:club: 6:diamond: A:spade:
UTG Bets $32041 (allin), HERO Folds
UTG wins: $24320,00

Comments

• MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Played way too passively at every instance imo. I'd be 3betting pre. I'd be raising the flop. I'd be betting really large on the turn after villain checks. At least pot.
  • xyzxyz Red Chipper Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Do u think 3betting pre is always the play?it can ruin the action which i m looking for and on the flop the only player hiting that flop is BB.turn should be def bigger bet yep :/
    edited July 29
    No its not always the play. Nothing is always the play in poker, unless its folding lol.

With QQ I want to get money in the pot, not action behind me, especially UTG. When you flat maybe the BTN picks up Ax suited and comes along. Or maybe EP calls and then you get 1 or 2 more callers because the odds keep growing.

3 players @ 3BB = 9BB + SB = 10BB pot

If you 3 bet to 9BB and only UTG calls the pot is 19.5BB heads up
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,271 -
    MrFuss wrote: »
    Played way too passively at every instance imo. I'd be 3betting pre. I'd be raising the flop. I'd be betting really large on the turn after villain checks. At least pot.

That would all be fine in a cash game. Hero's line here is fairly standard for a tournament.
    Moderation In Moderation
    @xyz we need to know if there are antes in these tournament hands. also you're still using the wrong spoiler syntax.

thx
    Moderation In Moderation
    TheGameKat wrote: »

That would all be fine in a cash game. Hero's line here is fairly standard for a tournament.

Interesting. Is it due to position or because UTG raised indicating a strong range? Whats the distinction? Simply not wanting to play larger pots?
    @TheGameKat Yep antes are there and i think its the standard around 10% ante
    @MrFuss i dont even think utg opener would call my utg+1 3bet cos it looks sick strong

Interesting. Is it due to position or because UTG raised indicating a strong range? Whats the distinction? Simply not wanting to play larger pots?

Yeah it's largely tournament survival and smaller bet-sizing, both of which are partly spin-offs of shallower stack depth. We're deep enough 3-betting pre would be fine, but flatting is common here. That said, it really depends on Hero's overall strategy. Like you need to know what your flatting and 3-bet range is here and how that impacts your postflop plan.

In that spirit, @xyz unless a lot of the hands in your database were played short-handed (which can happen), that VPIP is getting... uhm... splashy.
    Moderation In Moderation

Yeah it's largely tournament survival and smaller bet-sizing, both of which are partly spin-offs of shallower stack depth. We're deep enough 3-betting pre would be fine, but flatting is common here. That said, it really depends on Hero's overall strategy. Like you need to know what your flatting and 3-bet range is here and how that impacts your postflop plan.

In that spirit, @xyz unless a lot of the hands in your database were played short-handed (which can happen), that VPIP is getting... uhm... splashy.

thank you for your comment
    most of my hands are from NL50 6max so thats why my vpip and pfr etc...my stats are 75-80% cg and rest are mtts but i did not reset my stats
    xyz wrote: »

thank you for your comment
    most of my hands are from NL50 6max so thats why my vpip and pfr etc...my stats are 75-80% cg and rest are mtts but i did not reset my stats

I think you might find them more useful if you at least separate tournament and cash hands.
    Moderation In Moderation
    sure i ll do it tomorrow but now i m posting hands during the session

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file