Trouble On Monotone Flops

AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
I had some tricky spots on monotone boards lately and I figured out that I don't really know what to do. I would really appreciate your oppinions on this topic.

I know it's way too much to talk about ALL monotone board textures so I want to narrow it down. Assume we raised SB and BB (reg) calls. Flop has one Ace on board. What are the main concepts I have to think about here? Ranges could be quite wide in those spots.

Let's assume we flopped Top Pair weak kicker no flush draw. On the one hand we want to bet to charge flush draws, on the other hand V misses this flop 50% of the time with his offsuited combos and 75% with his suited combos (ignoring the pairs here). Wouldn't it be better to check to him so that V can catch up if he is far behind? If we bet and get raised we have a tough time on the flop and have to fold on probably all turns to further agression. I feel like there is no "right" decision we can make.

Same thing when flopping 2pair. I don't think we have 3 value bets ever, getting raised on any street is a nightmare.

I will post a hand in this thread that I played recently covering my problems in those spots.

Curious what you guys think...

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file