poker tracker 4 filter help

SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 254 ✭✭
So I have dabbled in online poker. couple sights did ok actually made money. Now playing a site and using the HUD. I have logged little over 11,000 hands and I am losing player at this stake and site.
My help I am looking for is where to start with filters to see where my leaks are.
on the leak tracker most all my stats are middle green. except WSD is low in the grey. WTSD is barely in the green almost out the top.
Thanks

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,281 -
    This article from SplitSuit may be useful:

https://www.splitsuit.com/setting-up-poker-hud-stats
    Moderation In Moderation
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    This article from SplitSuit may be useful:

https://www.splitsuit.com/setting-up-poker-hud-stats

I think this is more focused on how to set up a HUD than how to analyse your own play.
    So I have dabbled in online poker. couple sights did ok actually made money. Now playing a site and using the HUD. I have logged little over 11,000 hands and I am losing player at this stake and site.
    My help I am looking for is where to start with filters to see where my leaks are.
    on the leak tracker most all my stats are middle green. except WSD is low in the grey. WTSD is barely in the green almost out the top.
    Thanks

Couple things:
    - 11000 hands, while a nice sample, is usually not really enough. You can only really see some extremes in spots which happen a lot.
    - The leak tracker is actually great. Whenever you see a stat which is outside of the ideal zone you can filter your database for situations when that stat is influenced. E.g. you 3-bet too frequently preflop. Now filter your hands on when you 3-bet. Where do you make mistakes? Maybe you need to refresh your 3-betting strategy by reading some articles or watching videos. Share some hands in the forum.
    - One thing I also like doing, is when I review my hands I write down for every hand the things which confused me or where I wasn't really sure about what to do. Keep all of these topics in a document and track how many hands that topic comes up. This way you can see, for example, that you've struggled in 20 hands with c-betting OOP. So now you can use your database to filter for these situations and see where you can do better.

Just some ideas
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 457 ✭✭✭
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    - One thing I also like doing, is when I review my hands I write down for every hand the things which confused me or where I wasn't really sure about what to do. Keep all of these topics in a document and track how many hands that topic comes up. This way you can see, for example, that you've struggled in 20 hands with c-betting OOP. So now you can use your database to filter for these situations and see where you can do better.

I do something very similar and its helped me a lot not only in identifying areas in which I am confused, but it serves as a great input to my study plan for a given week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file