your online home office

SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 255 ✭✭
Wondering what people using for their online poker playing.
Some details about the set up you have to enjoy be comfortable while playing longer hours online.
Second if you travel and play. What you using?
I have Acer 17" gaming laptop for travel and home. Home play use 27" monitor, but looking to up grade to 32" curved.

Comments

• DoubleBarrelDoubleBarrel Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 870 ✭✭✭
    edited August 24
    lol - I'm ridiculous right now. I have a 7 year old laptop (that was extremely nice then, though) that still works absolutely fine for online poker. like a 17-18" screen, wireless mouse set up, nice gaming chair (the gaming chair is worth more than the laptop now) and a table lamp. I play with all the lights out except the lamp and make sure that my area is organized, clean, and conducive to mental clarity.

I'm going to buy a new laptop for this sooner than later, though. I tried to buy a beautiful one (~$1,300) from Amazon this time last year but they totally dropped the ball, didn't have it in stock, and wanted to take the money and then "get it to me when they could". I cancelled the order and haven't dug back into it since. The fact is that knowing what I know now, and that I wouldn't use the laptop for much else, I can get a good laptop for this for a much lower price. $400-800 tops. Some of the newer preflop solvers, which I'd like to get into at some point, require at least 16GB of RAM.
  • MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 138 ✭✭
    edited August 25
    The main compenents of my battlestation are:

i7-6700k
    nividia strix 1070
    16GB ram
    (3) samsung evo SSD, 250gb, 500gb & 1TB
    1 gig internet
    Sennheiser HD598SE headphones

Just ordered a 32" widescreen LG 32GK950F to replace my 27" ROG PG278Q. Also replacing my old wayfair chair with this. Did quite a bit of research and this model looks pretty great for a sub $300 chair.

I want to upgrade my GPU to push all those new pixels but that will probably wait until I build something completely new, maybe with one of the AMD chips.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,500 -
    Could you report back on the chair, please? I've been looking for a new one, but with most of the ergo/skeleton ones you pay an absurd premium because someone decided they are works of art.
    Moderation In Moderation
    Yeah, sure. I really wanted one of those 1k+ ergo chairs but we'll see how this works out. Still a nice upgrade and there's plenty of other stuff to drop 1k on.
    MrFuss wrote: »
    Yeah, sure. I really wanted one of those 1k+ ergo chairs but we'll see how this works out. Still a nice upgrade and there's plenty of other stuff to drop 1k on.

https://respawnproducts.com/products/respawn-200-racing-style-gaming-chair?variant=12914270765099&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwwIPrBRCJARIsAFlVT8_7kTAg2klbRaxRf3vKFDWrvOLbQDvgWYhLQvskNqCKTMbTQTPTSyEaAts7EALw_wcB

I got this from Staples last winter. For the price and convenience (close to home, they set it up free of charge) it was perfect. $240 w/ tax.
    Nice I've seen some Hearthstone streamers with those.
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited August 27
    @TheGameKat

Chair arrived today and my first impression is positive.
    Here is the link again for easy use.
    I also installed rollerblade style wheels instead of using the standard dual plastic variant that comes with most chairs. My desk is on vinyl flooring and these are very smooth and quiet.

The materials are nice. It has a solid aluminum base and the plastics feel heavy and high quality. There is no foam in the seat. It feels soft but with good tension. The arms are fully adjustable and the pads are covered in heavy vinyl and provide slight cushioning.

I'm 6'1" and there is enough adjustment in all features to accomodate my frame. Although I do have the seat height and lumbar height at maximum so if you were much taller this may not be the right chair for you.

One measurement I notice is the seat depth. It is adjustable by loosening the screws that attach the seatback to the frame. I have the seatback moved all the way forward which leaves about a clenched fist betwen the seat front and my calf which is the recommended adjustment. But I'm 6'1" and if you were much shorter the seat may be too deep depending on your comfort.

So overall I am satisfied with the first impression. However I dont think it would be the perfect fit for someone taller or much shorter than me.
    Thx, I'm 6' even so sounds like an option.
    Moderation In Moderation
    So, both of you have a better chance of becoming POTUS than I as I'm only 5'11"...
    JPF wrote: »
    So, both of you have a better chance of becoming POTUS than I as I'm only 5'11"...

Actually I'm DQ'd from that by birth location.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • BadMoe99BadMoe99 Red Chipper Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I got this chair, if you want one of the best.
    https://www.mal-au-dos.be/en/kinnarps-9000-desk-chair-review-for-back-pain/
    Very good, but I had a old Kinnarp before I liked more, but impossible to get that model second hand as it was more then 20-25 years ago they sold it.
    My table is a oak table top (taken from a kitchen table), with a adjustable height office Table stand (electrical controlled), so I can stand also when play.
    I use a 43" 4k (60hz) Samsung Tv as Monitor. With two 1080p 24" Monitors in Portrait mode at the sides and a Lenovo Yoga 3 (13") with touch screen as Additional monitor which I can touch control stuff or programs. I can also drag mouse from the main system to my Yoga Same mouse controlling both system.
    And use a old school Game controller https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32903786018.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d2PT6yD
    for example have the buttons being control to fold a table ( so basically use this with left hand to fold)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file