Multi-way Preflop Decision

talonjohntalonjohn Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
I think its close but we don't close the action. What do you guys think?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,855 -
    How often is the player to your immediate left flatting a monster with the intent to rejam over a squeeze? There are some tables/sites where flatting monsters anticipating a 3-bet is common and others where it's unheard of.

I think I'd fold, but there's a bigger picture issue here. When you open you're doing so with 3-4 stacks behind you that can efficiently shove, two of which you have to call HU. So there's two principles working in opposite directions. As big stack you should be opening up to pressure the shorter stacks, but with this exact stack distribution you're going to get shoved on a lot and thus should tighten your range a bit.

Consequently I think the open is okay, but worth thinking about. I'd probably fold to the 3-bet partly because the overcall by chasingruns should be with a very strong range and partly because it keeps my EP opening range hidden from the table. Messing around with ranges for the two AI opponents I found even with the big overlay from the pot your equity looks pretty lousy, but obviously it's sensitive to assumed ranges.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • talonjohntalonjohn Red Chipper Posts: 114 ✭✭
    Yeah that all makes sense. I plugged in pretty tight ranges for the UTG +2 guy and the caller and came out to about 22% equity. So I think at BEST it would be a break even play, roughly. Having said that, I think in-game I would have made the call (and hit trip 9's on the flop, lol) without the one player left to act who could have POSSIBLY played 10,10+ like this.

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,855 -
    That's pretty funny, I landed on 22% too.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file