Poorly played SNG hand??

lorr1968lorr1968 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
WSOP online 9 player $5SNG. 3 players get paid. all short stacks based upon blinds

Blinds 300/600/50.
4 players left
UTG Folds
I am Btn (6370) Ac3d. I raise to $1450
Sb (4670) Folds
BB(3850) Calls
Pot 3400.
Flop Kh,6s,10c
BB Checks
I c-bet $1700
BB reraises all in (3000)
I fold.

I know my biggest problem was I didnt really have a plan for this hand, and I think I should have called off. My impression of the BB was that he was not very tight, and with the pot at 8100 and my needing to call off 1300 more as played I probably should have called. However... Should I have played this hand at all? Should I have cbet? Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• NinjahNinjah Red Chipper Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭✭
    With 10.5 big blinds on the button, you just need to jam preflop or fold. Either is fine but there is no room for postflop play at these stack depths.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,281 -
    Ninjah wrote: »
    With 10.5 big blinds on the button, you just need to jam preflop or fold. Either is fine but there is no room for postflop play at these stack depths.

As the big stack on the bubble, yes that's likely better here, although folding would be extremely nitty IMO. That said, SNGs have such strong ICM pressure you can actually min-raise fold off stacks that would be comical in MTTs.

Whatever the BB had they played it like crap.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • lorr1968lorr1968 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks to both of you. I wasn't really paying attention to the fact that we had just more than 5 BB effective when I played it. However, as played should I have check folded the flop or should I have c-bet the minimum and folded to the raise?
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭
    lorr1968 wrote: »
    Thanks to both of you. I wasn't really paying attention to the fact that we had just more than 5 BB effective when I played it. However, as played should I have check folded the flop or should I have c-bet the minimum and folded to the raise?

There is no room for a flop question. Just shove pre - as already advised by @Ninjah

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file