MGM another one

Rich57Rich57 Red Chipper Posts: 110 ✭✭
1-3 NLH at MGM NH, about 90 minutes in at a very active table, V1 and V2 were there when I sat down
Hero is BB (875)
V1 is CO (750) He has not played many hands but has built a pretty good stack when doing so; had not seen him bluff much
V2 is But (450) He has tried to get in on a lot of action and folded to at least two of my preflop three bets, spends a lot of time laughingly critiquing other players
Hero is dealt :Kd:Qh
Folds around to V1 who opens for 10. V2 calls, SB folds. I had been three-betting regularly and when it comes to me, V2 says, “every time I bet, you make it 50”. I reached for a stack of chips and just smiled and called the bets (thinking afterward I probably should have 3B).
Flop (31) is :Ad:Qc:Jd
I check, figuring there is not much need to donk this and expecting action that I will call or three-bet.
V1 checks, V2 bets 40, call, call
Turn (151) :9d
V1 check, about here the guy to my left says something like “nobody wants this pot”
V2 100,
I have nut flush and straight draws and a player to act behind.
Options
Fold and give up equity
Call and risk check raise by V1
Raise as a semi-bluff
I chose the second option, V1 had not check raised or bluffed, so if he shoves I would probably make a crying fold. I would love some feedback on the line/action.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,716 -
    I dunno about the line but why in Hades is there all this chit-chat in a multiway pot? Was the dealer an idiot?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    There are a ton of brand new dealers at the MGM the last month because of the Potomac Poker Open.

One said to me tonight in a 30 second tank facing a pot size river lead “you wanna phone a friend?” I did, actually, would have loved to call @LeChiffre and ask him about calling off top top in that situation. But that’s neither here nor there.

The MGM lets dealers get away with a ton.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,716 -
    Sounds like Mandalay Bay. Same company, same crap.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure to know why you call a flop overbet OOP with a marginal yet drawing hand ?
  • Rich57Rich57 Red Chipper Posts: 110 ✭✭
    On that board I have a backdoor to the nut flush and a draw to the nut straight. I would have had difficulty calling a shove had I raised, so I just called. Folding never really was a consideration. I don't have sw to run the numbers, so if my situation screamed raise or fold, I would love to know that.
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to break the hand down. But without much info on V2 and his stabbing tendencies on a board which doesn't belong much to him, it's hard to asses.

Also because you called pre, your hand is under-rep. Yet it's marginal hand with ok-ish draw (yes, T is great, but that's only 4 outs; and bckd nut FD is only bckd). Your hand is good only if VillainS are loose, allowing you to win at SDV regularly (aka not only facing strong range when V bet).
    Other issue is that we don't have much strong hand to rep. On the flop, we never have any set nor 2P - except few times QJ. This gives us little credibility if we make an aggressive move.

Finally I've hard time to put myself in this spot, because KQo is an automatic 3bet for me. Hand is great, table dynamic is very active, we are ahead of both Villains' ranges, we are OOP and having reduced flexibility (because off-suit high cards = rare FD and only on monotone board, and rare OESD). So It's a hand which like fast play (low SPR) and fold more than high SPR and calls. I don't see any reason NOT to 3bet.
  • Rich57Rich57 Red Chipper Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Good stuff. Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file