America’s Cardroom

ROI RUINERROI RUINER Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
So I left ACR for WSOP and did it because the fish to good reg ratio was so much better on WSOP. ACR is mostly grinders and bots grinding for them. There’s good players down to 2nl. Table selection is so much harder on there.

I live on the Delaware/Pennsylvania line and it was never an issue but now for some reason Geolocation has me in PA and not DE and I can’t play on there. Customer service basically said there’s nothing they can do. So it’s back to ACR.

So anyway is anyone winning at a respectable winrate on ACR?

My other option is Global but I don’t like multi tabling with the set up and ACR allows for HUDs which is pretty good. I have DriveHUD with X-ray. So I’m going with ACR. I play MTTs, SnGs. PLO and NLHE cash.

Comments

• JPFJPF Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 855 ✭✭✭
    I know you have DriveHUD but I have PT4 and it both and you are getting a bigger advantage on WPN (ACR) by using PT4. You really want the Notetracker information that gets stored on villain.

Are people winning in cash games and MTT's on WPN? Yes, of course. Is it generally regarded as a difficult network? Absolutely.
  • ROI RUINERROI RUINER Red Chipper Posts: 107 ✭✭
    I went with ACR. Having a good run. 11.09bb/100 over the first 1905 hands. Finished 37th in a 735 player tourney. All at the micros. Cashed several SnGs as well.

Looks like there are less bots. No 100% cbets from LP. Most players from the US. ACR may actually be cleaning up the bots.
    edited August 12
    Lagtard wrote: »
    I went with ACR. Having a good run. 11.09bb/100 over the first 1905 hands. Finished 37th in a 735 player tourney. All at the micros. Cashed several SnGs as well.

Looks like there are less bots. No 100% cbets from LP. Most players from the US. ACR may actually be cleaning up the bots.

Don't think about bots or anything else like that. Just play your game. Each and every hand "like a surgeon" as a coach on another forum told me. We have to keep the things we can't control out of our head.

That said - I agree. It looks like there are literally zero bots in the micros right now.

edit: Also, don't say things like "no 100% cbets from LP". You're complaining about something that regularly gives you trouble. Instead, try to understand why villain is doing what you don't like and find a way to exploit it. Guys are aggro on this network (and in general today) and there are counter strategies to exploit this but none of any of this matters if your mental game isn't sound. Believe me, I know firsthand.

You seem into the game and feeling good right now. If your next session featured you playing your best poker yet but you lose 4 BI's, would you still be this happy? This is the kind of stuff that really makes the big difference at our level.
    Actually yes. My focus is on my play not the results. Winning is funner of course but I am being brutally honest with myself. I am reviewing winning and losing hands together to find my mistakes. Taking down the pot doesn’t mean I played well. It just means I had the winning hand at showdown. I may of got a lucky river vs a passive player that was firing on me when I should of folded given the situation. Etc.

My goal isn’t to be the winningest poker player anymore. It’s to be the best poker player I can by learning and sticking to a strategy while being able to adjust to game dynamics.

My focus is on learning the science of poker. Learning how to play exploitatively. Getting better with the mental game and proper bankroll management.

When I was a red chipper before I looked at poker as some competitive sport and short cut to riches. I lost bankrolls playing outside my threasholds because I had winners tilt or lost stacks on losers tilt. I didn’t try to be a level 2 or 3 thinker. I looked at the game totally wrong.

So yeah my head is in it.
    edited August 13
    Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: $10.25 (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
    BTN: $6.67 (VPIP: 60.00, PFR: 15.00, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 21)
    SB: $11.10 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 1)
    BB: $10.00 (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 37.50, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 16)
    Hero (UTG): $10.52

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has As Kc
    Hero raises to $0.30, CO raises to $1.00, fold, SB raises to $11.10 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $10.22 and is all-in, fold

Flop : ($22.14, 2 players) Qc 4d 6d

Turn : ($22.14, 2 players) Kd

River : ($22.14, 2 players) Ah

SB shows Jd Js (One Pair, Jacks)
    (Pre 57%, Flop 77%, Turn 25%)

Hero shows As Kc (Two Pair, Aces and Kings)
    (Pre 43%, Flop 23%, Turn 75%)

Hero wins $21.04
    Rake paid $0.86
    $0.24 was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TE891IHxyV8

10NL is easier than it's ever been on this network, dude. There's no question about that.
    The next hand against the poor guy =

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: $10.00 (VPIP: 22.22, PFR: 11.11, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 9)
    CO: $6.67 (VPIP: 57.14, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 11.11, Hands: 22)
    BTN: $0.58 (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 100.00, 3Bet Preflop: -, Hands: 2)
    SB: $9.90 (VPIP: 47.06, PFR: 37.50, 3Bet Preflop: 50.00, Hands: 17)
    Hero (BB): $21.04

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Td Qc
    fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.58 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $0.48

Flop : ($1.21, 2 players) Qd 2c 8h

Turn : ($1.21, 2 players) 5c

River : ($1.21, 2 players) Ad

BTN shows 2d 3s (One Pair, Twos)
    (Pre 33%, Flop 18%, Turn 11%)

Hero shows Td Qc (One Pair, Queens)
    (Pre 67%, Flop 82%, Turn 89%)

Hero wins $1.15
    Rake paid $0.04
    $0.02 was deducted from the pot for the jackpot.

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BB: $9.77 (VPIP: 18.97, PFR: 13.33, 3Bet Preflop: 5.26, Hands: 203)
    UTG: $11.15 (VPIP: 28.81, PFR: 20.34, 3Bet Preflop: 4.26, Hands: 124)
    MP: $7.34 (VPIP: 28.82, PFR: 18.78, 3Bet Preflop: 1.23, Hands: 237)
    CO: $14.65 (VPIP: 21.20, PFR: 14.13, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 484)
    Hero (BTN): $10.00
    SB: $21.36 (VPIP: 25.85, PFR: 21.82, 3Bet Preflop: 10.13, Hands: 1,063)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has As Ah
    fold, fold, CO raises to $0.22, Hero raises to $0.94, fold, fold, CO calls $0.72

Flop : ($2.03, 2 players) 4c Jh 7c
    CO checks, Hero bets $9.06 and is all-in, CO calls $9.06

Turn : ($20.15, 2 players) Ts

River : ($20.15, 2 players) 3h

CO shows 9s 7s (One Pair, Sevens)
    (Pre 20%, Flop 20%, Turn 20%)

Hero shows As Ah (One Pair, Aces)
    (Pre 80%, Flop 80%, Turn 80%)

Hero wins $19.15
    Rake paid $0.76

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay) - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

CO: $10.24 (VPIP: 44.00, PFR: 32.00, 3Bet Preflop: 12.50, Hands: 51)
    BTN: $10.45 (VPIP: 33.50, PFR: 23.50, 3Bet Preflop: 11.36, Hands: 209)
    SB: $9.80 (VPIP: 27.76, PFR: 17.87, 3Bet Preflop: 1.04, Hands: 273)
    BB: $13.50 (VPIP: 22.91, PFR: 14.91, 3Bet Preflop: 4.33, Hands: 569)
    Hero (UTG): $19.20
    MP: $20.64 (VPIP: 25.59, PFR: 21.35, 3Bet Preflop: 9.66, Hands: 1,129)

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has Kh Ah
    Hero raises to $0.30, fold, CO calls $0.30, fold, fold, BB calls $0.20

Flop : ($0.95, 3 players) 7h 4h Jc
    BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, CO calls $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn : ($2.45, 3 players) 5h
    BB checks, Hero bets $1.50, fold, BB calls $1.50

River : ($5.45, 2 players) 4c
    BB checks, Hero bets $5.95, BB calls $5.95

BB mucks 8c 6c (Straight, Eight High)
    (Pre 38%, Flop 25%, Turn 0%)

Hero shows Kh Ah (Flush, Ace High)
    (Pre 62%, Flop 75%, Turn 100%)

Hero wins $16.49
    Rake paid $0.62

I have a $160 br currently. I am considering depositing another $40 to have 20 buyins for 10nl. If I have a job and am winning at 5nl 20 buyins should be enough to deal with variance and not bust correct? I saw a YouTube video of Splitsuit advocating a 20 buy in rule but most of what I read online states it should be 30+. I’m assuming that’s only for professional players though. I have a job and don’t have to use poker money for any expenses.
    Lagtard wrote: »
    I have a $160 br currently. I am considering depositing another $40 to have 20 buyins for 10nl. If I have a job and am winning at 5nl 20 buyins should be enough to deal with variance and not bust correct? I saw a YouTube video of Splitsuit advocating a 20 buy in rule but most of what I read online states it should be 30+. I’m assuming that’s only for professional players though. I have a job and don’t have to use poker money for any expenses.

I wouldn't take a 10nl shot with 20 BI's just yet if I were you. I took a 25nl shot in the spring and lost a ton because I wasn't ready, and was fresh off a heater on two networks. I got owned for 10+ BI's. Don't derail yourself like that. The difference in profits between 5nl and 10nl right now isn't worth it. If I were you, I'd wait on another couple of paychecks, keep playing 5nl for this month, and really work on my game. If things still feel good on Sept 1, I'd then take the 10nl shot with an even larger br than you have today. Games soften up in Sept, too.

Really, don't rush yourself up the stakes. Consider how much you can make when you really *are* ready for 25 and 50nl and realize how it doesn't matter whether you get there in 6 months or 12. You're basically learning a trade.

You have a PRO membership here on RCP, right?
    edited August 14
    I couldn’t help myself. Once you said the games were soft I knew I was playing. They were very soft. I ran below EV and still had a 35.18bb/100 winrate playing 1160 hands.

p39cqihfa3zl.jpeg
    Nice! This is 10nl? Taking a shot and starting off well is always exhilarating. Just do me and yourself one favor: Take a breath, relax, and realize that 11bb/100 is not sustainable and that 1100 hands is a small sample. Repeat it like a mantra and reinforce humility. Don't let the wins get to your head and make you feel like you *have* to keep winning that much when you sit down to play. You may have two or three losing sessions in a row but when that starts do realize that one of the keys to being a consistent winner is in not reaching or chasing when things turn cold. Saving yourself bb's/100 in marginal pots is how you really boost your winrate and realize the true potential of your upswings.

And again - if you are just studying CORE and not the PRO material, get on the PRO material, too. Jones and Gano have some videos up here that will really open your eyes to more advanced concepts.
  • MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 81 ✭✭
    ROI RUINER wrote: »
    I couldn’t help myself. Once you said the games were soft I knew I was playing. They were very soft. I ran below EV and still had a 35.18bb/100 winrate playing 1160 hands.

p39cqihfa3zl.jpeg

Some advice for sharing screen shots. There are 2 methods to share screen shots on PC. If you want to share the entire screen hit the "print screen" button. This will copy the entire screen. Then paste into the forum and it will upload into the post.

If you only want to share a certain portion of your screen use the "snipping tool".

1. Open the start menu by clicking the icon on your taskbar or hit the "windows key".

2. Start typing "snipping tool" until the app appears and open it. I have the tool pinned to my start menu for quick access.
    po5a4rvak05a.png

3. Click on "New"
    xv1syrmt65yx.png

4. Drag the cursor around the section you wish to share and you will see your snip.
    j5epgf9fbmtz.png

5. Click on "copy" and then paste into forum
    hqep8hn11p4e.png

Additionally, after copying a screen shot with "print screen" or the snipping tool you can paste the captured image into paint for further editing and cropping.
  • kenaceskenaces Red Chipper Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭✭
    ACR is the worst - just google ACR+cheating or ACR+bots...

kenaces wrote: »
    I have played on ACR for a good while now. There is a bot problem but they are definitely working on it. There are a lot of complainers expecting a solution right now and the world doesn’t work like that.

The ability of bots is overrated. It takes a very good poker player that is also very good at coding to write a winning bot. Most humans are not winning poker players so most bots are not going to be winners. Only the select few.

The biggest issue with bots is the fact that they are taking a seat away from a fish. You just have to work harder tagging players and table selecting. It’s really hard on a bot infested site but is still doable.

Plus all sites have bots. I’ve visited the botting forums. They are on every poker site out there. None are bot free. ACR gets all the attention because of ChicagoJoey was so vocal about it. But if he played on Party Poker for instance then everyone would be saying about Party Poker what they are saying about ACR.
    edited August 15
    kenaces wrote: »

Things have changed. Ignition is by far the worst when it comes to botting now. ACR and BetOnline have bots but the focus and attention on the issue is so outrageously high right now that things are only improving. Global - I don't see any bots at all. Actually, I don't see any bots anywhere under 25NL.

What wasn't cool was when hundreds of us had our funds frozen in Blitz yesterday when it crashed. They returned the funds but it took several hours. I really can't wait until they get everything new 100% up and running over at WPN.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file