Did I Fu** up this hand?

bobbyray47bobbyray47 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
Hi All- would really appreciate your insight on a hand that is beating me up.

Last night I was playing in the nightly $55 25kG on bovada and with 60 people left (135 paid) I was the chip leader and then I got this hand...

Blinds 1.25k/2.5k and 9 handed
Avg stack 35k
My Stack 162k
Villain stack 159k
I get dealt A10spades UTG
I min raise to 5k and the Hi-Jack 3 bets to 15k and i flat call
Flop comes A,10,6 with 2 hearts (i have spades) and I check
Hero bets 13k into 35k on flop and i check raise to 33k and Villain calls
Turn comes a jack of diamonds (in my mind completes 2 pair of AJ for him in his range) or less likely a straight if he had something like KQ of hearts so I check the turn
Villian bets 30k into 100k pot on turn and i just call
River is a blank 3 of diamonds and I check again
Villain pushes allin for 82k into 162k pot and I now have 89k
I tank and end up folding

I can't stop beating myself up over this hand because if I called and got it right i'd of been chip leader by more than double the next largest stack. However, I don't see how he could take this line with AK. Wouldn't you be more likely to check back AK with that board when its likely in my range that i could have A10 or AJ or even a set of tens? My gut says he had AJ or KQ of hearts or maybe even AA.

Any insight is appreciated- i can't stop thinking about this hand.

Comments

• AceFromSpaceKKAceFromSpaceKK Red Chipper Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    Interesting hand for sure.
    Why did you opt to checkraise flop? I would go for a check/call here. What would we do if V shoves? I guess we have a tough decision which makes calling even more attractive. Turn bet sizing looks kind of inducing but don't forget that you showed weakness by checking.
    I guess he had the board locked down and I like your river fold.
  • CrodigglyCrodiggly SF Bay AreaRed Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    He's 3-betting an UTG raise, so his range is pretty strong, but he's got a lot more in it than AJs, KQs, AA, or JJ, and that's all that realistically beats you.

Your line is very suspicious and looks a lot like a draw. You made a tiny raise on the flop then check/called a small turn bet, so when the river blanks he's probably putting you on a busted draw and can turn almost anything into a bluff. His line is perfectly compatible with QQ, KK, AK, and even weaker aces and more (I probably have JTs in my 3bet range at that point in a tournament, for example) unless you have a read that he's on the tighter side.

So I count 2 combos of AJs, 4x KQs, 1x AA and 3x JJ = 10 combos that beat you, and if we give him only QQ+, AKo in his range, you beat 20 combos. If we widen his range there's a lot more you beat, so on the river, I think you have an easy call.

My question is why you took that line on flop and turn? If you are going to c/r, make it bigger so you can shove turn. If you're going to c/r small, lead turn. The J shouldn't be that scary of a card IMO (a K or Q would be much worse)
  • King1512King1512 Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Hi, my opinion and I am far for being a good player, so just my thinking...

I would say since you raised UTG that maybe his 3 bet range would be tighter let's say TT+,AQ+, and then some 97s,86s or something...for middle and small pair he has still good odds to just set a mine and AJ since you are UTG I would probably just call if I had no info on you.

So when you reraised on flop, he would be checking with AK,AQ, and let's say AA and TT but since he could fear a flush draw, maybe with AA and TT he would just go over all-in or whatever...

But then when he bets 30k into 100k, I don't think he would give you that price for you to call if he though you were on a flush draw instead of him if he had TT or AA or even AJ and specially since you reraised him on flop. So I would say more likely he is on flush draw AhKh or AhQh... Then on the river he is already commited so no other option then go all in with busted flush draw but still some equity in the hand and some fold equity....

I would say , he had AhKh or AhQh, AJ for me reraising UTG player, I don't think so,but even if he had AJ I don't think he would bet 30k into 100k...but then again maybe i am totally off with my thinking...

Anyway I think it is in easy call overall.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,840 -
    If V is remotely competent their range is incredibly strong here. You both have a large multiplier of the average stack and you opened UTG. I'd just raise-fold preflop, big stack on big stack violence benefits everyone else.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file