Playing against total maniac.

FrozenNutzFrozenNutz Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
General question regarding playing against total maniacs.
I apologize that I am not able to find the hand history, or stats for this villain as he didn’t stay around for very long.

I was new to the table about 20 hands in. Villain had a 4 buy in stack, so he was getting lucky. Villain had played around 50% of hands, pushing approx. 35 % pre-flop with no regard to position. The hands I I saw from the villain were. KQs, KQ, A5, 78 and AJs.

My question is how much equity should you have before calling this guys all in?

Should we be willing to stack-off with small pocket pairs?

What if there are players behind you? Surely some of them will see what’s happening and stack off light as well, now you’re in a 3-way all in pot with meh.

It’s obviously a race between competent players to get this guys money, but should we embrace the coin flips or wait for stronger holdings.

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 210 ✭✭
    I personally prefer to avoid coin flips in a lot of cash game situations. Its really up to you.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    I think the edge you want to bake in to your calling range depends mostly on how well you think you can range your opponent and how well you know hand versus range equities. It's also critical to determine how everyone else is responding. For example, you might conclude AJs is strong enough to get it AIPF with this character, but if there are five players left to act after you, the proposition is much less appealing.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a race for the bad regs to win the bingo waiting game, yes. It's not a race if you iso him light and fight with him, which he will appreciate. You need to take some risks to up your chance.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 210 ✭✭
    I think something that needs to be considered is your own skill.

If you feel comfortable taking a wide range to the flop in a 3bet pot against an even wider range with an opp. thats easily pot-committed then chances are youre going to make alot of $.

If you dont feel comfortable, chances are you will bleed.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file