Bet sizing your polarized range pre/post flop

Show_Me_The_MoneyShow_Me_The_Money Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
Like how would you bet J7s or K7s or KQo pre and post? I understand the board texture would also matter but generally speaking? Rule of thumb?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    Like how would you bet J7s or K7s or KQo pre and post? I understand the board texture would also matter but generally speaking? Rule of thumb?

I think you're going to have to narrow down what you're asking here, since I don't see any rules of thumb for such an open-ended question.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Board texture is #1 consideration when it comes to bet sizings and tells
  • KottonCandyKottonCandy Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 870 ✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »

I think you're going to have to narrow down what you're asking here, since I don't see any rules of thumb for such an open-ended question.

lol
  • Show_Me_The_MoneyShow_Me_The_Money Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    Like how would ur bet sizing tactics change from KQo to J7s?
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    Like how would ur bet sizing tactics change from KQo to J7s?

Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Show me, you're actually asking an extremely good construction question but I doubt anyone serious is going to take the bait in this exact question format, as it would require far more effort than you are putting into your question.
    edited August 22
    Low Stakes NL:
    Scenario 1: Passive table - KQo on the button/cutoff - what is your bet sizing here? How about UTG or on the blind?

Scenario 2: Passive table - K7s on the button/cutoff? what is your bet sizing?
    How about UTG or on the blind?

Scenario 3: Passive table - J7s on the button/cutoff? what is your bet sizing?
    How about UTG or on the blind?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well first off, we have to deconstruct your question a bit, as

1) KQ and J7 aren't really "polarized" holdings, but more importantly

2) when you open the pot, unless you are raising very large and with very few combos, you aren't polarized preflop anyway.

Moreover, polarization is a pricing construction as much as a subset of hands, and so the first price laid will trend to represent a large number of holdings, whereas the second price, or the raise, will trend to have an aspect of polarization, as the middle hands begin to be less profitable when offering this second, higher price.

So what you do with these holding will determine if you are "polarized" or not.

So if we can restate your questions as:

"How do i handle marginal to high value hands preflop and from different positions," and

"How do I handle these on the flop," maybe we can get somewhere.

From there, you'll have incentives based on stacks, position, and community cards - the three basic elements of NL.
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Well first off, we have to deconstruct your question a bit, as

1) KQ and J7 aren't really "polarized" holdings, but more importantly

2) when you open the pot, unless you are raising very large and with very few combos, you aren't polarized preflop anyway.

Moreover, polarization is a pricing construction as much as a subset of hands, and so the first price laid will trend to represent a large number of holdings, whereas the second price, or the raise, will trend to have an aspect of polarization, as the middle hands begin to be less profitable when offering this second, higher price.

So what you do with these holding will determine if you are "polarized" or not.

So if we can restate your questions as:

"How do i handle marginal to high value hands preflop and from different positions," and

"How do I handle these on the flop," maybe we can get somewhere.

From there, you'll have incentives based on stacks, position, and community cards - the three basic elements of NL.

Ok now I understand more now. I need to do more research and formulate some better questions surrounding this topic as well. Thank you for explaining to me persuadeo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file