Should I Multi-Table When Improvement Is My Focus?

MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
After a long break from poker I returned to the game 3/4 months ago. I've been studying quite a bit and playing about 3k hands per week at 10NL with a current win rate of 7bb/100. I normally play on 4 tables which is comfortable but leaves little time for any serious analysis while in a hand. There would seem to be an obvious trade off between playing 1 or 2 tables vs 4 when learning new skill sets.

By playing more tables you create more volume for review and study but you aren't able to implement strategies very well in real time.

By playing fewer tables you have more time for analysis in game but less material to review and study off table.

Which approach would you say is best when my goal is to learn and implement basic strategies like range vs range, combos and bet sizing?

Comments

• KottonCandyKottonCandy Hudson Valley, NYRed Chipper Posts: 870 ✭✭✭
    When I really want to focus, I just do 1-2 tables of regs or 1 table of zoom. Once we're talking 3+ tables, there's no way to maximize attention and focus on each individual table while you're learning/improving and not just playing intuitively.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    If you play 4+ tables, something you'll have a hard time developing is feline sensitivity to game flow. I discovered this years ago multi-tabling LHE when my coach was railing me. She questioned a play I made and I justified it by quoting V's stats. To which she replied "yeah, but he's on tilt."
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    you'll have a hard time developing a feline sensitivity to game flow
    I see what you did there.

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    MrFuss wrote: »
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    you'll have a hard time developing a feline sensitivity to game flow
    I see what you did there.

I prefer the metaphor to one involving spiders.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file