Online Barrel Bluffing Tell

Chris_VillalobosChris_Villalobos BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
A tell that I tend to see when micro stakes players are bluff barreling is no time delay. They aren't considering anything but bet pot. bet pot. bet pot. Anyone else see this? Is it reliable?

Comments

• blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 210 ✭✭
    I do this with the nuts to put pressure on loose passives, so I'd say no
  • MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
    blindraise wrote: »
    I do this with the nuts to put pressure on loose passives, so I'd say no

Why are you pressuring with the nuts? There's no reason to apply pressure when trying to extract value.

Additionally this is very exploitable. Any player paying attention will learn to just fold everything when you play in this manner.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    A tell that I tend to see when micro stakes players are bluff barreling is no time delay. They aren't considering anything but bet pot. bet pot. bet pot. Anyone else see this? Is it reliable?

What it signifies is that whatever card has come off doesn't impact their decision, so part of the range that satisfies that requirement is a programmed play with air. My question is how many micro players triple barrel with air?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 210 ✭✭
    To extract maximum value from inelastic players who overvalue their hand.

They can pay all the attention they want, im not in the pot with them.

Also if opps begin overfolding to pressure im ecstatic. This means I get to play a wider range, bump up my PFR sizing and take down pots with pressure on later streets.
  • Chris_VillalobosChris_Villalobos BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    What it signifies is that whatever card has come off doesn't impact their decision, so part of the range that satisfies that requirement is a programmed play with air. My question is how many micro players triple barrel with air?

That's just it. Not many but sometimes the timing just seems odd like on this board. UTG Limps and it folds around to SB who min raises. I call with [KdTc] and the limper calls (debate if I should have 3-Bet). 6BB in pot

Flop: 3cKc3s

SB: Fires Pot I call limper folds. 18BB in pot

Turn Brings 3cKc3sJc

SB: Fires Pot again without any delay. What type of hand is he repping? Kings full? A flush draw that got there. I don't think he has a trey. If he made such a hand I feel he may think a little. Anyway, I think his range is pretty wide and his actions are suspect so I call again. 54BB in Pot

River: 3cKc3sJc6c

SB: Auto Fires: 50BB

Just strange but now I have the [Tc] so it's an easy call.
  • ulysses27ulysses27 Red Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I think this is very V specific. I've had players join a table pull a lot of this stuff and then leave. This leads me to think they're just there to gamble. Some players are also just hyper aggressive and think you won't catch on and aren't doing any high level thinking. I don't think we can make a generalization about this behavior and maybe your already doing this but I think it needs to be player specific.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file