Awkward spot w/ 2 pair

MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
$0.10 NL - Holdem - 9 players

CO: 199.2 BB (VPIP: 13.86, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 101)
Hero (SB): 215.7 BB
BB: 92.6 BB (VPIP: 29.54, PFR: 5.35, 3Bet Preflop: 0.76, Hands: 1,182)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has :Ac :3h
fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls 1 BB, fold, Hero calls 0.5 BB, BB checks

Flop : (3 BB, 3 players) :As :9h :3s
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets 2.9 BB, Hero raises to 7.9 BB, BB calls 7.9 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Turn : (26.7 BB, 3 players) :Qs
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets 18.5 BB

Hero?

A3 is a hand I will raise or 3bet here some percentage of the time but both these players were somewhat splashy and I didnt think I had much fold equity.

Tough spot here with the BB yet to act and I wasnt sure how to proceed. If I call and BB calls (or raises), im in a bloated pot with a decent but somewhat marginal hand, OOP 3 ways with a 3-flush on board.

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    If you x/r flop I suspect you're supposed to lead turn.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 108 ✭✭
    edited September 5
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    If you x/r flop I suspect you're supposed to lead turn.

Normally I would but the BB cold call made me proceed w/ caution. Maybe thats a bad play, not sure. Thats why Im here :)

If I lead and both BB and CO call (or raise) im not very happy
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 479 ✭✭✭
    If they decide to raise, well you can just fold. That's not the worst outcome. If someone bluffed you with just the Ks, so be it, that is just not going to happen that often.

You have a hand that is both worth at least one more street of value and is exceedingly vulnerable. Any spade, queen, nine is a really bad card and you do not want the players behind to see those for free since you also have a hand that can get value from worse aces, spade draws and perhaps some pair+draw combos.

FWIW I also would have just bet the flop here. People love to limp weaker aces and try to catch and when they do, I tend to think they hate folding them "since no one raised I must have the best ace" is a thought I hear a lot live, online could certainly be different.
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hand doesn't need to be vpip'd like this, if it all. What is the idea here vs CO, who seems to have a pretty clear equity and position edge on you?

Or imagine an alternate view: It should be possible to see that one interpretation of this hand and many others like it is that hero or the field is also "somewhat splashy" and players limp a playable range in response because they "don't have much fold equity" or want it.
  • MrBalzterMrBalzter Red Chipper Posts: 43 ✭✭
    @w34z3l encourages having a small blind completing range and I think this is a good spot to complete and see a multi-way flop as the BB does not seem to 3 bet often.

On the flop I think you can x/r larger, especially being OOP like this. (10bb)

Your deep enough (with CO at least) that I think its worth a call. If either player does have a flush and you hit an A or a 3 on the River I think you have enough implied odds to continue.

What do their post stats look?
  • Adam WheelerAdam Wheeler Red Chipper Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18
    MrBalzter wrote: »
    @w34z3l encourages having a small blind completing range and I think this is a good spot to complete and see a multi-way flop as the BB does not seem to 3 bet often.
    This hand is terrible for that here.
    It is 3 Handed, you have a very strong hand for 3 handed poker, just ISO with it. Think about how poorly this hand perform multiway in the worst position on a poker table. There is a plethora of better hands to complete here if you want to use that route A3o isn't one of them for sure.

Poor maneuverability post-flop and very little ways to improve if you are behind (few redraws).

And by the way I'm pretty sure @34z3l encourage completing if it has folded to the SB not when there are/is limper(s).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file