Looking to collect some of your starting ranges for hand analysis

YoukaiYoukai Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
I'm going to start doing some in-depth analysis of some of the hands I play and I need to collect a decent set of starting ranges. I play exclusively live and almost always cash. So I'd like the ranges to be focused with that in mind; though I'd be happy to have some tournament ranges as long as you identify them as such. To be clear I don't want "What should my starting range be" ranges. I want "I'm sitting in a live cash game and this guy falls into XXX category of player so I estimate his range to be YYY". Obviously since there is no hand history these are all pre-flop ranges.

Here are the categories I think would be useful to start. Please feel free to add any you think I might me missing.
  • Limp
  • Raise
  • Call Raise
  • Three Bet

Within each category I think i would be useful to sub-categorize by:
  • Nit
  • Tight-aggressive
  • Tight-passive
  • Loose-aggressive
  • Loose-passive
  • 48 card player (i.e. they guy that sees almost all flops for any reasonable raise size)

Obviously I don't expect anyone to have a range handy for all of these buckets. But if you have a handy range that falls into any of these buckets please post it; even if someone already has. I'd like to compare as many ranges as possible as I build my set.

Thank you!

Comments

• Chris_VillalobosChris_Villalobos BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Do you own Miller's "How To Read Hands At No-Limit Hold'em"? Has some classic ranges in there.
  • YoukaiYoukai Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    Yeah I think I have that one but like I said in the OP I don't want some poker coaches "here's what your range should be" list. I want some ranges that are indicative of how live players at low stakes 1/2 or 2/5 actually play. Which is going to be probably significantly wider than any list Miller/other coach would produce.
  • Chris_VillalobosChris_Villalobos BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Youkai wrote: »
    Yeah I think I have that one but like I said in the OP I don't want some poker coaches "here's what your range should be" list. I want some ranges that are indicative of how live players at low stakes 1/2 or 2/5 actually play. Which is going to be probably significantly wider than any list Miller/other coach would produce.

In that book he talks about typical Regs, Nits, and Fish and what their ranges tend look like. He also forks their ranges when they limp or raise. Maybe a good place to start.

• YoukaiYoukai Red Chipper Posts: 38 ✭✭
    oh ok. I don't remember that. I'll go review it. Thanks.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,402 -
    Youkai wrote: »

In that book he talks about typical Regs, Nits, and Fish and what their ranges tend look like. He also forks their ranges when they limp or raise. Maybe a good place to start.

Yup, useful as a baseline as I describe here: https://redchippoker.com/know-thine-enemy-profiling-your-opponents-for-poker-profit/
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file