Folding JTo on the Button when many limpers already in pot?

Chris_VChris_V BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 181 ✭✭
I was playing 10NL online last night and was dealt JTo on the Button. There were three limpers in the pot already so I figured I should raise to 6BB and I still couldn’t be confident I would limit the pot to one or two players. I folded. In this situation I would be more comfortable with KQo or 76s. Do I need to loosen up here?
Tagged:

Comments

• MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 142 ✭✭
    I think the decision is highly dependant on the limpers and your confidence in your own post flop play. If you have good fold equity and the players in the blinds play well, I would be inclined to make a large 3bet, maybe just over a pot sized raise. I would bet large because you want to maximize that fold equity and discourage a string of calls.

If you believe the limpers will continue often vs a raise and/or the blinds arent very good and wont be ISO raising much, I think a limp on the button is fine. However you must be able to navigate post flop well with a hand that can be easily dominated.

Both options are exploitative plays. You're either trying to make weak players fold their equity pre flop and pick up an easy 4.5bb. Or, you're trying to play a pot with the weaker players and outplay them post flop.

Folding is also fine. The only reason I would consider playing this spot is because we're on the button.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file