Facing Overdonk w/ Top Pair

CrodigglyCrodiggly SF Bay AreaRed Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
50NL: BB is short, ~50BB

Hero raises to 3BB from CO with :Kd:Ts , BB Calls

Flop(~6BB) :Ks:4d:2s

V donks 10BB

Hero?

This action really confused me, and I folded, but would love to hear your thoughts on this action.

I feel like I have range advantage on that flop and my KT is ahead of most of his hands, but he's basically saying he wants to stack off, and he's just a bit too deep to take top pair all the way (SPR ~8).

If he donks 4BB here, I'm raising, and I'm definitely cbetting if checked to. But I don't have a strategy to face the overdonk.

Based on my confusion here, I'm thinking about how to use the overdonk myself. Any ideas for incorporating the overdonk into a BB defending strategy?

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certainly you will need to defend all your kings on the flop, as you are even overfolding to a large bet if you let this go. His polarization is indicating hands like 35ss or 4sXs, which you will have perfext clarity against IP.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    Just comes down to if you think ure opponents will include vulnerable hands like 99/Ax , along with his strong hands KQ/ sets ... the more of the vulnerable could exist then u have a clear continue
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file