Hero - BB(13.80$): :KS::KD:
Button: Raises to 0.08$
SB: Re-Raises to 0.20$
Hero: Re-Raises to 0.54$
Button: Folds
SB: Re-Raises to 1.28$
Hero: Re-Raises All-in (13.80$)
SB: Calls and shows :AC::AS:

I know that Aces over Kings happen and it's part of the game but should I have re-raised to something like 3.2$ instead of going all-in and if I did so and he 7-betted me should I have folded my Kings? Do I ever expect a worse hand than AA in a 7-bet situation especially with 300BB+?

Comments

• Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    There are stack depths at which AA vs KK is an obvious cooler but unfortunately this is not one of them.

Think about it like this: when you decide to jam here, what hands would you be calling with?. By making such a large raise at a significantly deep stack depth, you're only going to get looked up by AA here 99.9% of the time IMO
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Also your title indicates to me that you seem to think calling is not an option. At that stack depth, if V would re-raise there with anything but AA, you can certainly call and take a flop.
  • ROI RUINERROI RUINER Red Chipper Posts: 234 ✭✭
    What is the purpose of going all in for so many BBs I don’t want to even do the math?

What hands are you trying to make fold and what hands do you hope call?

The only hands you are getting value from are TT-QQ which will probably fold for that much. So you are folding out the hands you want a call from.

AA is the only hand you want to fold and unless villain is so afraid of a cooler he will fold out his 80+% equity it isn’t happening.

I was 1st in chips in the middle of a tourney not too long ago and the second place stack was 4betting me and I shoved with AA. He called with KK. He rivered a K and I was livid because for 3 or 4 hours I played perfect poker and someone got it in as a huge favorite that would have given me a stack that I could of cruised to the money with.

So tilted I asked in the chat WTF did you think I shoved with pocket 2s or something? He replied “what do you mean I had pocket Kings”.

When you take an action ask yourself what does this look like to my opponent? Then stop and ask yourself what your opponent is representing considering your action.

100bbs deep he could have JJ+/AK. As deep as you two were it’s only one hand enough of the time that you should still get away from it even if it’s not. Spots like these will murder your winrate.

The good news is it looks like it’s 4nl. If you’re still learning you’re supposed to make these mistakes. It costs a lot less money to make them now. Keep posting these blunders. Don’t take any feedback personal.
  • Raddad_101213Raddad_101213 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 2019
    I would flat his 5bet, considering both of you are very deepstacked

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file