What is in my OOP Checking range on Ad5h2d board? (5NL Ignition)

Chris_VillalobosChris_Villalobos BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
Playing 5NL on Ignition. I wanted to play 10NL but seems to not be as popular. I may have to graduate to 25NL for real analysis. Villain is typical tight ABC at this level. I view many 5NL Regs as tight ABC until they show me different. Sometimes I can induce bluff stabs from these players, but they rarely call down with less than TPTK if I bet three streets for value.

Seat 1: UTG+5 ($3.44 in chips)
Seat 2: Dealer ($2.52 in chips)
Seat 3: Small Blind ($6.92 in chips)
Seat 4: Big Blind ($4.63 in chips)
Seat 5: UTG ($6.55 in chips)
Seat 6: UTG+1 [ME] ($9.82 in chips)
Seat 7: UTG+2 ($2.38 in chips)
Seat 8: UTG+3 ($6.93 in chips)
Seat 9: UTG+4 ($5 in chips)

Action preflop: UTG+4 Posts BB, UTG Fold, ME Raises 5BB, Folds to UTG+4 who calls, all else fold.

My preflop range is modeled after Ed Miller's the Course: AA-22,AKo-AQo,AKs-A2s,KQs-KTs,QJs-QTs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s 14.3% Combos 190

Flop: :Ad :5h :2d (11.5BB)

I check, but with the cards I held I believe I should have C-Bet. To me the Ace is a pretty big scare card. (I'm not worried about Villain holding 34s). The Ace hits a lot of my opponent's range but also hits a lot of my range and I have range advantage, but I don't believe I should bet this 100% of the time.

My trouble hands are:
Pocket pairs KK-66 they are a good chunk of my range. I think I should tend to bet TT-66 and check KK-JJ. My thoughts are that KK-JJ hold their equity more if my opponent has broadway hands or medium pocket pairs themselves.
Ax (not of Hearts) below AJ, I feel they are better checked to try to induce a bluff or bet for value later in the hand, if Villain decides to check. But :Ac :4c, :As :4s or :Ac :3c, :As :3s may be good to bet since I do have a gutshot to go with it.

My betting Range: TT-22,AKo-AQo,AKs-ATs,A5s-A2s,Ah9h,Ah8h,Ah7h,Ah6h,KhQh,KdQd,KhJh,KdJd,KhTh,KdTd,QhJh,QdJd,QhTh,QdTd,JhTh,JdTd,Th9h,Td9d,9h8h,9d8d,8h7h,8d7d,7h6h,7d6d 69.8% of Preflop Range, 113 Combos

My checking Range:
AA-JJ,Ac9c,As9s,Ac8c,As8s,Ac7c,As7s,Ac6c,As6s,KcQc,KsQs,KcJc,KsJs,KcTc,KsTs,QcJc,QsJs,QcTc,QsTs,JcTc,JsTs,Tc9c,Ts9s,9c8c,9s8s,8c7c,8s7s,7c6c,7s6s 30.2% of Preflop Range, 49 combos.

I held :Ac :4c and I checked. I think this should be in my betting range vs typical opponents at this level.

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 527 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2
    Nice post.
    The Ace hits a lot of my opponent's range but also hits a lot of my range and I have range advantage, but I don't believe I should bet this 100% of the time.

Agreed
    My trouble hands are:
    Pocket pairs KK-66 they are a good chunk of my range. I think I should tend to bet TT-66 and check KK-JJ. My thoughts are that KK-JJ hold their equity more if my opponent has broadway hands or medium pocket pairs themselves.
    Ax (not of Hearts) below AJ, I feel they are better checked to try to induce a bluff or bet for value later in the hand, if Villain decides to check. But :Ac :4c, :As :4s or :Ac :3c, :As :3s may be good to bet since I do have a gutshot to go with it.

I agree with the distinction between the different pocket pairs. 66-TT require more protection than JJ-KK.

As for your A4s and A3s not of hearts or diamonds... I'd actually put these in my check-calling range. Pair+draws usually fit well there since protection is less of an issue.

I'd love to go through a complete flop strategy - might actually do that when I get home from work.
  • LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 527 ✭✭✭
  • Chris_VillalobosChris_Villalobos BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 27 ✭✭
    LeChiffre wrote: »
    I'd love to go through a complete flop strategy - might actually do that when I get home from work.

I believe Matt Janda says in his Applications book something like that if we can play flops well than the turn and river almost play themselves.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file