Live Stakes vs Online Stakes

CloutierCloutier Jacksonville, FloridaRed Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
Ok, so I started out this time playing online cash at .02/.05. I really didn't too well with any consistency. I'd like to make the next level (.10/.25), which I have tried and had some success with. But again, not very consistent.

However, when I go play live at my local room the lowest stakes are $2/$2. For whatever reason I've been doing pretty well there. I've profited 5 out of the 6 times I've been and overall I'm up. At my live game I'm up about 300, where I'm down 100 online.

I know online is tougher but I feel like playing .02/.05 after playing $2/$2 live is not the right thing to do. I guess I'm looking for a little guidance/wisdom from someone with more experience with this sort of dichotomy.

I know I'm definitely not ready to move up live, as my emotions with that much money would crush any chance I might have.

But what about online, should I be moving up online?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,497 -
    I don't play a lot of cash anymore, but as of last year the 10c/25c online NLHE on WSOP.com was tougher than live $1/$2 in Vegas.
    Moderation In Moderation
    But that may not be the question you're really asking. You can play perfectly at live $2/$2 and lose $600 in 30 mins. That's not going to happen playing the online micros.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • CloutierCloutier Jacksonville, FloridaRed Chipper Posts: 14 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    I don't play a lot of cash anymore, but as of last year the 10c/25c online NLHE on WSOP.com was tougher than live $1/$2 in Vegas.

Ok. Good to know. So it sounds like I should probably even avoid .10/.25 for now. It's hard to play 2/2 and then come home and play .02/.05 and not get the Hellmuth blues. You know, the ole'... my opponents don't know as much as I do about the game, therefore they keep beating me.

I see this often when it comes to online play and figured I was running into that trap but I had to be sure. Thanks!
  • ROI RUINERROI RUINER Red Chipper Posts: 126 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    That’s odd. 10nl on WSOP plays like 2nl. Fish everywhere when I played about 30,000 hands. Surprised the strength of the player pool jumps that significantly in one level.

I did play some at 25nl and ran in to some good regs but didn’t play a whole lot.
    I don't have recent personal experience. It's the sort of thing that can change with time.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file