10NL 6 Max lead out on the flop Multiway

MrBalzterMrBalzter Red Chipper Posts: 47 ✭✭
PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.43, PFR: 15.65, 3Bet Preflop: 4.64, Hands: 151,159)
Hero (SB): 99.5 BB
BB: 189.5 BB (VPIP: 27.35, PFR: 21.08, 3Bet Preflop: 9.15, Hands: 26,015)
UTG: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 33.45, PFR: 20.04, 3Bet Preflop: 4.07, Hands: 29,895)
CO: 119.3 BB (VPIP: 21.46, PFR: 17.52, 3Bet Preflop: 8.36, Hands: 177,249)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Ks 9s
UTG raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, Hero calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop : (10 BB, 3 players) 9c Js Qs
Hero bets 6.4 BB, UTG calls 6.4 BB, BTN raises to 38 BB, Hero calls 31.6 BB, UTG calls 31.6 BB

Turn : (124 BB, 3 players) 5d
Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets 59 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 58.5 BB and is all-in, UTG calls 59 BB

River : (300.5 BB, 3 players) 2c

UTG shows As 6s (High Card, Ace)

Main Pot [299.5 BB]: (Pre 38%, Flop 26%, Turn 14%)
Side Pot [1 BB]: (Pre 53%, Flop 31%, Turn 17%)

BTN shows 8c Tc (Straight, Queen High)

Main Pot [299.5 BB]: (Pre 34%, Flop 59%, Turn 79%)
Side Pot [1 BB]: (Pre 46%, Flop 69%, Turn 83%)

Hero shows Ks 9s (One Pair, Nines)

Main Pot [299.5 BB]: (Pre 28%, Flop 15%, Turn 7%)

BTN wins 287 BB

Question 1: Is this hand worth calling OOP Preflop?
My thoughts: UTG has been playing very badly and I think my hand is connected and strong enough to enter a Multiway Pot.

Question 2: Is leading out on the flop into two players on a wet board like this ever correct?
My thoughts: My hand blocks some of the draws and I think my opponents have similar hands to mine
(78,89,9T,JT etc.) I figured these draws would call one or two streets and if nothing completes will fold on later streets.
Question 3: Do I call, fold or shove on the flop vs this raise from Button?
My thoughts: I need 34% equity to call and my hand has outs vs made hands like straights and two pairs, plus there is implied odds as UTG will call if I call?

Question 4: Can I ever fold on the turn here?
My thoughts: I need 24% equity to call, I am still ahead of made hands like 2 pairs, sets, and straights. Villain could also be on a flush draw as well with A8-A2s which I beat.

Tagged:

Comments

• March422March422 Red Chipper Posts: 21 ✭✭
    As a default i would probably fold being in the sb. We still have bb behind who could squeeze and our hand is going to be difficult to play as we are obviously oop. I think in the bb i would call since we are guaranteed to see the flop. If you really think utg is getting out of line and has a fold button this could also be a squeeze since btn seems pretty straightforward player and won't continue often enough.

On the flop i really dont like the donk bet, what are we trying to accomplish?

The problem is this board is so connected that our draw really isnt that great and we should prob just be trying to check call and get there IMO. By betting we allow them to blow up the pot and potentially push us out of the hand which basically is what should have happened after the btn raises. If you do decide to call the flop bet i guess you are committed but to me thats just going to lead to a ton of variance.
  • EurocratEurocrat Red Chipper Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Hi, the first though I had when looking at the information you provide is to wonder why you sit at the table. Personally, looking at the player stats, unless you have specific reads, I think I would leave the table knowing that, on NL10 in PS, there are plenty of better tables.

I agree with March422 that I would rather look for a raise if I chose to play this hand. I just dont think that we hit anything decent often enough with a suited 3gapper to justify playing it OOP.

On the flop, my default would be to have such a strong combo draw in my check/calling range. I dont find the donkbet terrible, although I do wonder what other hands you would do that with? I guess though that some of the live players here will have some helpful insights given that they have more experience with MW pots.

As played, calling on the flop and on turn is fine to me. You have a lot of equity to call both on flop and turn, but a shove on flop would only be called by hands that have decent equity against you.
  • obliviusoblivius San FranciscoRed Chipper Posts: 101 ✭✭
    Fold or 3b pre...you're not ahead of 2p, sets or straights ott. I'd x/c flop... bloated pot bad...Such a wet board I'd say FE is at a minimum. This flop raise looks strong MW...Might be a fold
  • Raddad_101213Raddad_101213 Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited October 12
    OTF you have 50% equity against only overpairs, 2pair,sets, and straights. I'm not folding, but I'm not good

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file