Who to watch (live)

CloutierCloutier Jacksonville, FloridaRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
When playing live, how do you decide who to watch preflop? I've found that I do well just by watching people's reactions to their whole cards, the flop, etc. But you can't watch everyone at the table, especially preflop. And at lower stakes, over half the table sees the flop, so it's too many players to watch there as well.

So what do you do? Do you watch only best players? The most active?

Comments

• U_TurnU_Turn Las VegasRed Chipper Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Preflop, I tend to look at the two(ish) players to my left. You’ll very frequently see players indicate they’ll be folding which will allow you to adjust your range as if you’re in a later position.

You’ll also sometimes see someone pick up “raising chips” and you can adjust accordingly.
  • CloutierCloutier Jacksonville, FloridaRed Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    That's probably the thing I have the most trouble with. Staring at someone to the left of me feels uncomfortable but I can definitely see why it's important. I'll be trying this tonight.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,612 -
    Cloutier wrote: »
    That's probably the thing I have the most trouble with. Staring at someone to the left of me feels uncomfortable but I can definitely see why it's important. I'll be trying this tonight.

No need to stare, just keep an eye on their hands. I'm legally blind in my left eye, but can still pick up enough motion to gain info.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 505 ✭✭✭
    Cloutier wrote: »

Try making conversation with them. People become so less guarded against someone who is friendly towards them. You'd be amazed what you'll see.
  • RCP Coach - Fausto ValdezRCP Coach - Fausto Valdez RCP Coach Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    @Cloutier
    the strategy vs passive players is straight forward .. the players you have to be more attentive because they will take more creative lines is the aggressive players ... note who they are and watch them.
    COACHING NOW AVAILABLE HERE
    MY COACHING REVIEWS HERE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file