CO (CO): 100 BB
BTN (BTN): 234.4 BB
Hero (SB): 163.9 BB
BB (BB): 93 BB
UTG (UTG): 100 BB
UTG+1 (UTG+1): 205.3 BB
MP (MP): 104.2 BB

Dealt to Hero: :Qh:Qc

UTG raises to 3.5 BB, UTG+1 calls 3.5 BB, BTN raises to 15 BB, Hero calls 14.5 BB, UTG calls 11.5 BB

Flop (49.5 BB, 3 players): :5h:5c:3h

Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets 35 BB, Hero calls 35 BB

Turn (119.5 BB, 2 players): :Kc

Hero checks, BTN bets 45 BB, Hero?

BTN is a good LAG reg. 27/21/8 w/ 5k hands.

Comments

• RyanH1995RyanH1995 Red Chipper Posts: 81 ✭✭
    I think you find yourself in a difficult spot by not 4betting pre. If villain is agressive I think he will be 3betting pretty wide from the BTN especially after UTG+1 flats. It is an awkward situation as villain used a very large sizing on the flop and SPR is very low on the turn. I don't think he wants to shove or bet large with his value hands as you might fold TT-QQ to a bigger size but he also doesn't put much pressure on you if he is bluffing with a hand like :Ah:Jh. I would be interested to hear what others think you should do on turn but I think the situation could have been avoided by 4betting pre. I also think villain made a pretty big mistake by betting so large on the flop as stack sizes are very awkward on turn.
  • wescrowescro Red Chipper Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Agree with pretty much everything RyanH said, especially 4-betting PF being the most impactful decision here. As played I think this is a clear fold.

1. Villain doesn't have enough bluffs for this to be EV (and QQ is really just a bluffcatcher by this point)
    2. You have to consider the additional decision you are likely to face again OTR and with only 2 outs to improve your equity.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 259 ✭✭
    Playing from the SB usually forces you to play more aggressively or passively depending on your play-style. If were going to be cold-calling a 3B from the SB our range is going to be fairly capped at JJ+, AQs, AKs. If you realize this going into the hand, you can factor it into V's reasoning. That said I think turn is a clear call. It sucks, its awkward, but we have too good a hand here and V has way too much info on our hand to fold. We have a decent sample size on V, and his 3b stat from the button might even be higher than his overall 3b. If we think hes 3betting with [TT+, ATs+, A5s, KQs, JTs, ATo+, KQo], and barrels his entire range were left with 61.8% equity on the turn. Our flop call essentially commits us to stacks on later streets. If he turned a king, good on him. If he woke up with aces, cool. If he backdoors a flush, or really flopped 5's, alright. We got the $ in good against his perceived range according to stats, thats what matters most here. Also, consider the idea of eliminating a cold-call/complete range from the SB.
  • MrFussMrFuss Red Chipper Posts: 142 ✭✭
    RyanH1995 wrote: »
    I think you find yourself in a difficult spot by not 4betting pre.
    If BTN were 3betting an MP or LP open I would be much more likely to 4bet. If I 4bet here am I folding if UTG or BTN 5bets or jams?

• RyanH1995RyanH1995 Red Chipper Posts: 81 ✭✭
    @MrFuss I think your fear of getting shoved on is probably what lead you to cold call the 3bet from the SB. If UTG or BTN only ever shove with KK and AA I think you can find an exploitative fold but if their shoving range includes AK and JJ as well I think you have to call it off. While getting shoved on after you 4bet isn't ideal you give yourself the opportunity to take the hand down pre flop and avoid paying rake. You will also under realize your equity from OOP so I think it is better to take the more aggressive line here rather than try and play a guessing game post flop. For those reasons like @blindraise said I would try to eliminate having a cold call range from the SB in both SRP and 3bet pots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file