multi way bottom set on 3 straight 2 flush board....

EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭
1-2 AC first hand at the table...

effective stacks 200 (100bb)

Most of the table are regs I know with pretty good reads...

Villain 1 is an unknown woman
Villain 2 is her boyfriend and also unknown...

I have 55 in the sb....

2 limps villain 2 in LJ raises to 7...villain 1 calls from co , I call as do the limpers....

Flop 5 way.....30ish after rake...

:7c :6d :5c

I'm first to act and have no idea how to play this. In retrospect I think checking to not get blown off my equity.....on the other hand don't think a $7 preflop raise is often going to have a hand that will cbet this pot 5 2 way...

I bet 25 It goes reg (bit splashy ) calls, villain 1 co calls, Villain 2 makes it 60,

I'm not happy....don't think I can fold for $35 more needing at worst 17.5% equity (everyone folds) to at best 12% (everyone calls)...

Of course one of the callers could shove...
I also probably get to see one card before she shoves the turn(??)....and probably have to fold...

I could just shove....pick up dead money from limpers....probably no fold equity from villain 1 but about 44% equity against her haveing andover set 2 pair or a straight....a bit more if she has semi bluffs.

Whats my play....from the flop on....

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,633 -
    I suspect your unhappiness at the raise indicates it might have been better to check.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • F0gh0rn1egh0rnF0gh0rn1egh0rn Red Chipper Posts: 16 ✭✭
    @Eazzy You may have confused villian 1 and 2. Preflop villain 1 has position on villain 2. Postflop their positions are reversed. Its hard to break down the hand without knowing what the positions actually are. BUUUUT if the CO did reraise after that flop action I cold find a fold with it being my first hand at the table because the people in middle position seem too interested in the hand (calling an 83% pot bet) and may be reluctant to be forced off their equity. I think I've seen this turn out to be a shove fest too often at these stakes and stack depth so if you have the bank roll to shove you can because they'll be holding each others outs a good bit of the time and your outs are typically clean. But like I said if you can't take the variance a fold is not completely out of order.
  • CrodigglyCrodiggly SF Bay AreaRed Chipper Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I don't mind checking or leading but why so big? You're going to fold out the limpers' random 6x that you crush.

As played, I don't think you can fold. Overpairs, semi-bluffs, top-pair, OESDs, etc all can make this raise.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭
    @Eazzy You may have confused villian 1 and 2. Preflop villain 1 has position on villain 2. Postflop their positions are reversed. Its hard to break down the hand without knowing what the positions actually are. BUUUUT if the CO did reraise after that flop action I cold find a fold with it being my first hand at the table because the people in middle position seem too interested in the hand (calling an 83% pot bet) and may be reluctant to be forced off their equity. I think I've seen this turn out to be a shove fest too often at these stakes and stack depth so if you have the bank roll to shove you can because they'll be holding each others outs a good bit of the time and your outs are typically clean. But like I said if you can't take the variance a fold is not completely out of order.

I did reverse them.....Lj (man) raises preflop to 7.....
    and the co women...raises to 60 after the reg and the lj call my 25 bet....

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) you have some incentive to 3b here preflop. This pressure comes from not only the potential dead money but from your hand reading of the weak raise pre. The other pressure encouraging a three bet is equity struggles to realize post from the small. I realize you are fish-frying here, but that doesn't change the fundamentals.
    2) as a poster above mentioned, your lead is unnecessarily large. You are saying with this bet you have mainly straights and strong draws, which means you have too much FE built into the lead.
    3) folding is pretty insane but you know these guys. Nevertheless, because you face a silly raise size, you have options now, with the easiest one being taking the price.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file