NL50 TT iP Call on the River?

nightcrawlernightcrawler Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited December 1 in Live Poker Hands
Hey,

ok it is a homegame i visit the second time and its a lot of calling, not to aggressive but the player are not fishy either. The one i play against ist one of the better ones (in my option) cause it able to pull the trigger and able to "fight" for a pot without making to bad mistakes

he limps UTG (120€ Stack)
its folded to me and i raise to 2€ in the cutoff with TT (200€ Stack)
SB/BB fold and he calls

Flop is (4,75€ pot)

4h5h7s ; i grabs his chips and than checks. never saw him doing that but i saw him donking quite often oop;

i check as well..

Turn is: (4,75€ pot)

3c he check quite fast and i bet 2,5€

he calls,

River is a: (9,75€ pot)

Ac

and he bets 6€ into me.

I wasnt sure what to do, on the table i gave him a bustet flushdraw but he could have the ace as well...

i fold but i did not feel happy with it, but im not quite sure if i would be happy with a call eihter?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,727 -
    Given his limp-call pre a lot of his flush draws are the nut flush draw, but does he really lead an A into you there? Guess it's possible.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes more sense to bet the flop than the turn, as now an entire section of the limp-call range has filled or improved to the point where this turn bet should be check-raised liberally. On the river he is betting a card that fills some of your range, so your fold looks pretty good.

You basically lose this hand every time you bet the turn.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,727 -
    persuadeo wrote: »
    It makes more sense to bet the flop than the turn, as now an entire section of the limp-call range has filled or improved to the point where this turn bet should be check-raised liberally. On the river he is betting a card that fills some of your range, so your fold looks pretty good.

You basically lose this hand every time you bet the turn

That's really interesting.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • nightcrawlernightcrawler Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »

You basically lose this hand every time you bet the turn.

ok so a better line would be bet flop; check turn if he checks agian?

i guess it would be an easy fold on a C/R flop?

Another question i would ask is; what do you guess think, he thinks, i have here on the river given my play.

I would see myself more as a bad play with a lot of space to improve. but i not quite sure how other people see me on the table... whats your option given that play?
  • persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would just back up completely and ask yourself more fundamental questions.

What is his range? What is my range? Whose range is favored by the cards now on the board? Who can invest in the pot and charge the other player to realize his equity? etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file