Understanding Poker Software

GabeThePlumberGabeThePlumber Red Chipper Posts: 19 ✭✭
lpa160hop9po.png

I need help understanding what it is I am looking at. Just a basic breakdown. If it is too much to reply back, then please send me a link. I see these used all the time in videos, but still don’t know what it is I am looking at. My short term goal is to improve my preflop action. One of my weaknesses is Ranges.
Why does this particular grouping of cards equal 19.9%?
How does this factor in to my preflop decision making?
I know that a person could make a career out of explaining poker software, so I am not looking for a deep breakdown. Just something to get me heading in the right direction.
TIA

Comments

• LeChiffreLeChiffre NetherlandsRed Chipper Posts: 558 ✭✭✭
    What you are looking at is a visualization of someone's range. If you are unfamiliar with what a range is, it's simply all the possible hands that someone can have at a particular point in the game. On the diagonal you can see all pocket pairs, above the diagonal the suited ones and below the diagonal the offsuit ones.

It's 19.9%, because the hands that are highlighted make up 19.9% of all possible hands a player can have.

This just tells you what someone's range could look like when they, for example, open 20% of the time preflop.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file