The One Percent Video 5 Question/Confusion

adam360xadam360x Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
Hello, as seen, in video 5 below....

nc50zqgvbyob.jpg

On the flop.... we decided to leave QQ/JJ (among other hands) in our checking range to strengthen it. I did not hear any discussion about some of these stronger checked hands and what we're going to do with them on the turn/river. Because we checked them on the flop (and they did not improve with the brick) are we leaving them in our checking range and using them as bluff catchers?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    It's been a while since I watched that, but from what I recall you can tell what's happening to the hands by following their colors in that weird spreadsheet thing. If you have a timestamp I can take another look at it.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • adam360xadam360x Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    It's been a while since I watched that, but from what I recall you can tell what's happening to the hands by following their colors in that weird spreadsheet thing. If you have a timestamp I can take another look at it.

Around 37 minutes.

I understand what's happening, I'm just questioning the hands that were checked on the flop, why they're not reevaluated on the turn. Basically, if they're remaining in our check range.... specifically QQ/JJ
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    Gotcha. In the context of this model, QQ/JJ don't need to be reevaluated simply because we have enough stronger hands in our target number of betting combos. So yes, QQ/JJ are remaining as checks.

I suspect, however, that there's a better way of analyzing this spot beyond the 1% model, although it might lead to the same conclusions for those particular hands.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file