King.DBSS. bets $0.30
WarrensBuffet calls $0.30

*** RIVER *** :3d:9c:6s:7c:5c
Main pot $0.95
WarrensBuffet checks
King.DBSS. checks

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Main pot $0.95
WarrensBuffet shows :Qc:7D: (a pair of Sevens)
King.DBSS. mucks hand
WarrensBuffet collected $0.95 from main pot

I know my starting hand was crap to play anyway, but I think I could have reasonably won this hand had I played better early on. Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Comments

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a hint for you and others. If you can't imagine how you are going to win with your shit holding, maybe don't play it?

Carry on, I'll show myself out.
  • EazzyEazzy Red Chipper Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    persuadeo wrote: »
    Here's a hint for you and others. If you can't imagine how you are going to win with your shit holding, maybe don't play it?

Carry on, I'll show myself out.

Given your in the BB...I think its probably higher EV to check back your option then open fold.....

I don't actually play a lot of blind V.S. blind as I play live 1-2 and 2-5 and most players chop....

So first decision...raise or call preflop....

When I played on line ...the general play was to raise when the SB limped as they tended to over fold here..or on the flop....

Is that the case in your games.....this is a pretty bad hand so turning it into a bluff raise may not be too bad....

Flop standard you have equity...have to bet it..
    I could see an argument for a larger flop bet...if you think he fold K high or even Ace high to a 2/3 or pot bet.. and not to a 1/2 pot bet...

If he is calling Ace high to 1/2 pot bet he calls about 67%

If you can fold out Ace high it drops to 50% or so....

Your equity when called is 24% ish....(just slid the bar till it included Q7o and then removed the big hands....(60% range less top 15% or so..)

Turns kind of sick....given your small bet on the flop... and picking up equjity...a turn bet folds out...Ace highs...but you probably have to bet most rivers...his calling range includes a lot of pair +draws...on this turn card..

Even if he calls with Ace high on the flop turn only folds out 33% of his hands...and your equity is 18%ish....

hate to get blown off your equity....so I probably just check back the turn....

If you have reads that he check raises the flop or donks the river with big hands then....don't mind the turn bet with the plan to bet most rivers...when checked to...

.............................................................................................
    bad river....slambs his turn range....
    If he would bet flushes and strights....its an easy bet.....he calls 35% of the time with top pair+.....

But if he checks straights...you don't have a river bet....

My guess is you don't have a river bet....

Fun hand to run through flopzilla...

• persuadeopersuadeo Red Chipper, Table Captain Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point was that there is no real reason for him to bet or continue on the flop and turn. He'll have any number of hands with better prospects of winning this pot. The SB kindly allowed him to realize his equity by completing - that's as good as it's going to get for 105o.
  • blindraiseblindraise Red Chipper Posts: 242 ✭✭
    Agree with persuadeo

But

If youre going to double barrel it should be fairly obvious your pair of 5's are no good after getting called twice, making the river check nonsensical. So much gets there, in so many ways, your opponent has completed for you, checked to you twice, do you really think hes going to let you down here?

Overbet the river, 3x the pot.
  • BossOFCBossOFC Red Chipper Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Hi all, thanks for your responses. Eazzy, your post was extremely helpful with the level of detail. Blindraise, I appreciate your take, it totally makes sense. Persuaded, you showed yourself the door...so I imagine you are no longer here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file