Any videos/books that target heads up play?

ConstantineSRConstantineSR BudapestRed Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
Does anybody know of a pro video that discusses heads-up play? Even better heads up theory or strategy at the end of a tournament with stack depth of about 40 and less?

Also if anybody knows of good books regarding the theory of HU play please recommend me one.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    I think the two classic texts on NLHE HU are by Moshman and Tipton, but I don't know if they've become outdated because of solvers.

We don't have anything specifically directed at HU since it's something of a niche market.

If there's general interest in such a product I can scout potential content creators.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • ConstantineSRConstantineSR BudapestRed Chipper Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Started the first Tipton book, seems pretty advanced to me.

I don't know how many players here play spin and go's but if there are some, HU training videos would be very useful for us. The chip-ev income of a usual Spin pro comes mainly from the HU part of the game (38BB and bellow).
  • RedRed Red Chipper Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭✭
    For Heads Up, the top notch is "Advanced Heads-up Mastery" by Polk. It's pricey and starts to be a bit old, yet is (still) the best HU material you can get. Totally worth it.

But its not something I'd recommend for beginner tho ; if you need poker bases, you may want to follow the Kat.
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,654 -
    Thanks for the info. Started the first Tipton book, seems pretty advanced to me.

I don't know how many players here play spin and go's but if there are some, HU training videos would be very useful for us. The chip-ev income of a usual Spin pro comes mainly from the HU part of the game (38BB and bellow).

If we do have members playing these, now would be a good time to speak up and advocate for such training material.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file