Red Chip Poker In 2020

Hey everyone:

Historically at this time of year, we have posted a description of what we have planned for the year ahead, particularly in terms of new content for our subscribers. Something we may not have mentioned is that there's quite a bit of fuzziness in this from our point of view, because while the calendar may roll over on January 1st, our natural year break occurs at our annual meeting during the WSOP.

Fortunately as poker players we are familiar with partial information situations, hence I'm giving what information I can on 2020 content below.

Some of you will have received a survey from us. Many thanks to all those who responded. This information really helps us in determining what you collectively want. Similarly, suggestions posted here on the forum or sent to me via DM or email also get full consideration.

Here's the funny thing. It's frequently the case that our analytics and your requests have an extremely low correlation. For example, our feedback channels suggest there's considerable interest in non-NLHE variants such as PLO and high-low Omaha variants, but when we look at how many people access our material on the topics, it still seems to be a niche RCP market. [Hint: If you do want to see more PLO, something that will nudge our analytics in the right direction is registering for the live coaching on Dec 30th.]

The bottom line is that there is still quite a lot of room for you to determine our 2020 agenda, particularly in the second half of the year. However, I can share the following.

PRO group coaching sessions. For the first few months of the year at least, current plans involve RCP co-founder and world traveler Doug Hull broadcasting from a mystery location. I'll have more details in about a week.

CORE. You'll be aware that for the last few months, expansion of CORE has been mostly restricted to new hand histories in L3. We've had a lot of feedback on features you'd like to see added to CORE and will be implementing many of them. We have in the works brand new modules which we hope will be of considerable appeal to both PRO and CORE subscribers.

Podcast? Those of you who follow us on Twitter may have noticed we've been pimping our archived episodes. And it reminded us of how good the content was and how much people liked it. No promises on this one, but we're reviewing the possibility of doing something along podcast lines.

Crash courses. There will be new ones. We heard you really like the quizzes and missions, along with model solutions to the quiz questions, and will be maintaining that model.

General. We have some ambitious plans for overhauling our three principal products so they synergize better. A foreshadowing of that is the renaming of this board. Expect changes that I am convinced will benefit all of our subscribers before WSOP.

As always, questions, comments, suggestions, and donations to Maine Coon Rescue are encouraged.

Thanks again for your feedback and being a great community. On behalf of all of us at Red Chip Poker, have a peaceful and stimulating 2020.

~ Kat
Moderation In Moderation

Comments

• JoeOffsuitJoeOffsuit Red Chipper Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    A foreshadowing of that is the renaming of this board.
    Everything else, but please not this!!!! :-)
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,669 -
    JoeOffsuit wrote: »
    A foreshadowing of that is the renaming of this board.
    Everything else, but please not this!!!! :-)

I've been staring at it for years and finally realized that "discussion" in the title of a forum board was redundantly redundant. And unnecessary.
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited December 2019
    OH, so you will NOT then be taking "Red Chip" out of the name, but just "Discussion" out of "Forum Discussion".

Phew!!!!

I was very concerned for a moment there..... That would really impact the appreciation value of all the free swag I collect from the meetups.
    Correct
    Moderation In Moderation
  • HerfHerf Red Chipper Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Where do I buy the tee shirt? ;)
    Herf wrote: »
    Where do I buy the tee shirt? ;)

We give them away free in Vegas every summer.
    Moderation In Moderation
  • solarcoastersolarcoaster Red Chipper Posts: 26 ✭✭
    looking forward to 2020. keep up the great content!
    Are there any rough projections when this might happen for 2020?
    JoeOffsuit wrote: »
    Are there any rough projections when this might happen for 2020?

It's looking like either June 18th or 25th.

25th is Flight B of Colossus and the day before the 888. Current discussion revolves around whether having it on a day when we expect many of you will be here offsets the fact waiting lists everywhere will be long.

Thoughts?
    Moderation In Moderation
    edited February 9
    Thanks for asking.

I noticed that several hotel prices in Las Vegas are in the order of 50% higher on the 18th than they are on the 25th, as well as on the preceding weekdays of those respective weeks. This is usually due to some event that has either created or is projecting demand. Events that raise hotel prices usually makes it harder to find good deals on airfare to get in and out of Vegas.

So you might add that as weight towards the week of the 25th.

Regardless, it helps me a ton to know in advance when the meetup is, for planning ahead.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file