Tricky Turn on 4 flush board with 2Pair

KiluahKiluah Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited January 4 in Online Poker Hands
Hero: ($5.16 USD) - VPIP 56/31 after 16 hands.
Seat 5: Player5 ( $6.68 USD ) - (VPIP 22 / PFR 17.50)
Hero posts small blind [$0.02 USD].
Player5 posts big blind [$0.05 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ :4c:Ac ]
Player6 folds
Player2 raises [$0.11 USD]
Hero raises [$0.45 USD]
Player5 calls [$0.40 USD]
Player2 folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ :As, :9s, :4s ]
Hero bets [$0.65 USD]
Player5 calls [$0.65 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ :8s ]
Hero ???

Only had 50 hands on villan, 22/17. I raised him pre as he was stealing like 80% of the time and I thought it was a good hand to play back at him with.

My first thought on the turn was to bet out but then I thought, how can I bet out for value here? Surely I don't have the best hand when called here 50% of the time... I only have 6 outs to make a full house. Then I thought, if I check, he can just bluff me off the hand with a 1/2 pot bet and I wont have the odds to call. Very confused!

I looked back at the hand with Flopzilla and still couldn't work out what best to do. Advice very welcome!

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,838 -
    If villain is astute enough to bluff if you check, I wouldn't be surprised if they raise if you prod nervously at it.

So given the turn spot feels like a lose-lose, maybe something went wrong on the flop?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • KiluahKiluah Red Chipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Thanks!

Looking back on the flop, I had an SPR of around 5. This I think it why its tough for me. I want the SPR to be 2 and just get it in! But at this SPR I don't think im commited.

I ran what I thought his range was (QQ-55,AKs-ATs,KQs,AKo-AJo) and It didnt seem like It would be profitable if I overbet (to get action from Ax, and we got it in on the flop, assuming he would only do that with a flush, a set (99) or a Ax hand with the K,Q,Jc.

Checking the flop seems silly as im giving him chance to see a free card?

Maybe the other option would be to bet small for protection? Maybe 1/3-1/2 pot, bet 1/2 pot on the turn and fold to a raise?

2 pair seems like a hand I should pretty much always be happy to get all-in with (at 5 SPR anyway) but I have found a case where that is not the case :)
  • TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 3,838 -
    Not all 2-pair are created equal, particularly on a monotone board.
    Moderation In Moderation

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file