SB: 117.5 BB
BB: 36.5 BB
UTG: 100 BB
MP: 137 BB
CO: 100 BB
Hero (BTN): 95.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, CO raises to 2.5 BB, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 7.5 BB

Flop: (21.5 BB, 2 players) K:heart: 3:spade: 9:heart:
CO checks, Hero bets 21.5 BB, CO raises to 90 BB and is all-in, Hero ?

Comments

• TheGameKatTheGameKat Posts: 2,840 -
    Doesn't this boil down to how many flush draws V can have?
    Moderation In Moderation
  • Jordan PowerJordan Power Red Chipper Posts: 520 ✭✭✭
    TheGameKat wrote: »
    Doesn't this boil down to how many flush draws V can have?

That was my first thought, too, and the answer is probably "enough" given that we aren't holding :AH: Him being able to have so many NFD combos leads me to believe we can likely make a profitable call, all else equal as he probably only has 33, 99, and K9s for value combos.

But why the pot size flop bet? V should have a fair amount of worse kings here as well as a host of gutters that would likely want to float.

I think he'll be less inclined to put his money in behind due to the large bet. And aren't we just using an unnecessarily big size with our bluffs?
  • SixthStreetSixthStreet Red Chipper Posts: 257 ✭✭
    Why pot sized bet. Most of guys I have chatted with in micro stakes making more money just potting made hands. I also doing it be cause watch V call down SD with 7T off making BW on river, MP twice, FD 89s & BDFD. This in all the first 15 hands with V, but never seen him jam it in even when he got there on river and was OOP. He just check called. He did jam twice on turn, but it got folded so didn't see his cards. Not have enough hands to think about balancing my made hand to bluffs. So his jam screams made hand or total bluff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file