Ethics of seeing other player's hole cards and strategy after the fact?

Chris_VChris_V BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 65 ✭✭
Player to my immediate right in a nine handed ring game keeps accidentally flashing his cards at me when he picks them up. I politely tell him I can see his cards and he should guard them better. A few hands later he picks up {AQo} UTG and accidentally flashes them to me again then raises. I have {7,7}. What’s my play?

Comments

• In The DarkIn The Dark Red Chipper Posts: 223 ✭✭
    I warn every flasher once, as you did. Switching seats to get a better look is not part of my play.

Then I play perfectly against them after that. In this case I'd raise and fold when they always hit the flop. Always.
  • joesizejoesize Red Chipper Posts: 119 ✭✭
    Next time don't warn him- just slide down in your chair and lean over toward him. He should get the message. And if not, well, you just have to do what you have to do.
  • Chris_VChris_V BoiseRed Chipper Posts: 65 ✭✭
    joesize wrote: »
    Next time don't warn him- just slide down in your chair and lean over toward him. He should get the message. And if not, well, you just have to do what you have to do.

I can just see myself doing that. LMFAO! He probably would have gotten the point better though!
    Then I play perfectly against them after that. In this case I'd raise and fold when they always hit the flop. Always.

Once when I was younger and still played limit hold'em I had the same opportunity with a guy who kept flashing his cards. I had him dominated and reraised him all the way to the river, but in my excitement I didn't pay attention to a young lady who was looking very frustrated but calling all the way with us. While I was very happy with myself for utilizing all the extra info from my main opponent the girl had flopped trips and beat us both. Karma.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file